A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up 2 free bus seats today. These are the bottoms. Don't know if I'll dye them, cover them with potato sacks or leave them as is. Still noodling how to use them.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3162.jpg
    IMG_3162.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 25
I've been fiddling with the seat for 3 days now. The original seat back was too tall and tapered too much at the top. Tried a couple things with it but to no avail. In order to use the second seat bottom for a back rest I moved the bottom cushion forward and the back cushion back and up. Modified the seat frame to accommodate the repositioning of the cushions. Cut 6" off the legs. There were only legs on one side so I took the two from the other seat frame and added them into the mix. No money was spent and only one eye injury resulted. Okay now. Here's the results.

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpg
    IMG_3163.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 19
The seat does look really good! I always make sure my safety squints are in proper working order before starting any project. Glad to hear there was only one minor eye injury

Excellent! I have a schoolbus seat in the front of the Earthmobile now. Saved from my sons conversion project. It even uses the original model a legs and pivots forward to allow access to the back seat like the original seats did.

Latest posts

Back