comments/opinions on this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, E-man, buy it. There is a way more than $4800 in that car. After you cut a couple of feet off of the stabbers out the front you will have a nice car.
I have an upper dash cover for you.

It could be saved.

Yes, E-man, buy it. There is a way more than $4800 in that car. After you cut a couple of feet off of the stabbers out the front you will have a nice car.
I have an upper dash cover for you.

I would have to let go of two or three projects in the lineup now to consider this but is probably more practical.

Good looking coupster. Sits too high in back, tires look too short.
What's up with the hay forks up front? Kinda goofy.
Looks like a good frame.

I agree some good bones there but what's up with those frame protrusions? weird

Good looking coupster. Sits too high in back, tires look too short.
What's up with the hay forks up front? Kinda goofy.
Looks like a good frame.

I was thinking the frame extensions were to support a long saltflat streamliner
nose? :confused: Really strange they weren't removed before putting up for sale.

Honestly, that looks like it would be an fairly easy flip for a few bucks. Yeah, the front horns are a mystery?

Looks like more parts and labor than 3800. you could always beat him up on the price a little. I'v got a sawzall, portaband, torch and a plasma cutter. I could fix the frame rails.

Looks like more parts and labor than 3800. you could always beat him up on the price a little. I'v got a sawzall, portaband, torch and a plasma cutter. I could fix the frame rails.

I say go for it, if you don't build it you could sell it and make a few bucks!

I agree, would't take much to get it a little farther along to make it more marketable.

I am pretty sure you could not buy the parts for the price. Also suspect that you can get it cheaper.

It almost looks like the body was an afterthought. [S Like maybe it was originally for something else. Race car???

I'm with you guys. I think the chassis was meant for an altered and has been... umm, more altered!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This may support the theory, or not! [S The rectangular sections are a strange addition to a tube frame.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cc 394 altered.jpg
    cc 394 altered.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 43
  • cc 395 altered.jpg
    cc 395 altered.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 43
  • cc 396 altered.jpg
    cc 396 altered.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 43
  • cc 397.jpg
    cc 397.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 43
damage

A 1939 chevy coupe runs around here with cut-off roof, so one day l asked why he did that.

a tree fell thru the car side to side and was to fouled up to fix, so he hacked it off and cleaned up the areas needed to be cappped & filled around the rear window area & the tops of the doors and it looks 0K, good thing is it was far enough back in the roof area that the windshields and cowl/frame and along the edge of the roof survived and was structurally sound to do this conversion .[;)

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back