1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different ways to do the same thing.
I would install it after the prop valve. Reason is it could possibly trip the valve with the uneven pressure on one side. jmho

7218820632_0f135cba3b.jpg

Some times I think Bart Simpson lives within DUH, I looked at your photo Old Iron and it didn't register till after Doc posted his diagram that they are the same. :eek:

This morning I tackled the job, got all the plumbing done, modified my shifter so I could get it to shift to low and welded a mount on it to hold the line-lock switch. tomorrow I will get it all wired up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Line lock 003.JPG
    Resize of Line lock 003.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Resize of Line lock 004.JPG
    Resize of Line lock 004.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 110
You have a clean, dry concrete floor...

I've done it a few times and the smell lasts for weeks. (A friend of mine calls it "Goodyear Cologne." [ddd)

You have a clean, dry concrete floor...

I've done it a few times and the smell lasts for weeks. (A friend of mine calls it "Goodyear Cologne." [ddd)

It's not so clean, but it is dry, but it is of the very smooth and slippery finished variety and I found out yesterday in attempting what you suggest that the rear tires with there 12"width will grip more than the 6"width of the front tires and try to slide them into the my compressor and shop wall. So no Goodyear Cologne smell but another not so great smell to go along with the pinch mark in the seat.:eek:

Sorry 'bout the shorts.

Indoor burnout 101:

- Open all the doors and windows.
- Point the subject at the largest opening.
- Light every fan in the shop.
- Fire the beast and warm it up.
- Throw some fluid under the rear tires, set the line lock and stomp the fun pedal like you're trying to kill it.

I'm serious. If your front brakes won't hold it on the shop floor, I doubt they'll hold on any surface without some assistance...

Sorry 'bout the shorts.

Indoor burnout 101:

- Open all the doors and windows.
- Point the subject at the largest opening.
- Light every fan in the shop.
- Fire the beast and warm it up.
- Throw some fluid under the rear tires, set the line lock and stomp the fun pedal like you're trying to kill it.

I'm serious. If your front brakes won't hold it on the shop floor, I doubt they'll hold on any surface without some assistance...

My shop floor is so slippery if you have a little snow on your shoes there is a good chance you will be on your your butt. I didn't really give it much of a try and opening the door for any length of time at -26 didn't feel very appealing.

Except maybe the "non-posi sashay"???

That would be another dirty pair of shorts

That's too funny, nice work and cant wait to put a mark in my shorts [dr

Reeeally, easy for you to say Bro ;)

I thought you put a posi/limited slip in it, Dozer... am I wrong?

Chicken. ;)

I tried to find a posi unit and had no luck so I just did the gear change from 2.79 to 3.50. If a posi carrier comes available at reasonable price I will change it then.

A Little bit:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So yesterday I got busy first thing and finished of the welding on the Fargo. Fired up the old Ford 7600 tractor and put the Fargo outside as a project on hold for a while.
This gave me room to uncover the Essex, fire it up and move it outside to blow the dust off. Seeing how it was so warm out and the street was relatively dry I figured since there were no walls or compressors in the way I would test the line lock. Sorry no video but it work great and cuz the car is so light it gives me two tire fire when no back brakes are applied :D:D

I would have tried to day, but work got in the way and I found a broken hanger on the passenger side side pipe. the weather is forecast pretty nice all week so I will see if I can get the wife trained on the video camera and post some proof.:D:D

Latest posts

Back