How much did you pay for fuel today ??$$??$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3.78 litres in a US gallon.

I also fouled my calculation. I used 3.73... wrong. At 3.78, I paid $4.08/US gal. Then there's the Imperial gallon which contains 4.55 litres... using British math, we get better mileage. :D

None of this means squat... unless you're flying a 767 loaded with pounds of fuel instead of kilograms. This is my favorite metric conversion reference, combining my fear of flying and my love for drag racing...

http://www.wadenelson.com/gimli.html

How do you figure?

Dollar is at par, 3.78 litres in a US gallon.

Should be $3.91 if my math is current...

Regardless, that's rediculously high.

Nah, I just went with an even 4 lt to the gallon, but....I looked it up and its 3.78541 lt per US gal, times 1.04 comes out to $3.936 But regardless, my old truck still goes the same distance no matter what it costs!;)

And just for interest sake, it jumped to 1.14 per lt today.

Nah, I just went with an even 4 lt to the gallon, but....I looked it up and its 3.78541 lt per US gal, times 1.04 comes out to $3.936 But regardless, my old truck still goes the same distance no matter what it costs!;)

And just for interest sake, it jumped to 1.14 per lt today.

Ain't that the truth!!!

We didn't spike at all today, in fact, I still paid 96.9 :D:D:D

I might have already said this since the thread is looong. I have got as much as 90 cents a gallon discount at Safeway just for buying grocerys and using my member card (which is also the only way to get the good sale prices on food). Most recently I went in and shopped sale items, total $93 and I paid $64 with the club card discount and then got 40 cents a gallon off at the pump.

Gas prices are falling big time here in Texas... filled up for $2.25 (reg) today but when I went up the steet Buckees had it for $2.20. If regular breaks $2.00 again... maybe I can afford to drive the Premium sucking Chevelle again! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I bought tax exempt diesel for $2.23 in Richmond IN a few weeks ago and yesterday I paid $2.28 in Kansas for it. It makes my job pay a lot better when it drops like this.

Regular is down to $2.29 here, and I run Premium, which is still up around $3.00. I heard on the radio the other day that they predict gas may go as low as under $2.00 a gallon ! :eek:[cl[cl

We are REALLY gonna hate it when it goes back up, and it WILL go back up. :(

Don

Oil prices are down... but our pump prices went UP. (Converted numbers = $3.70 USD/US gal)

Clipped from a recent article...

"Esso, Shell and Suncor in Canada all of which have upstream (exploration and production) divisions which are suffering from the low prices they are getting for crude. To compensate they drive up the racks to increase the refining margins".

Rack price is what gas stations pay for the product. The product is oil from under our feet and the refinery is in our backyard. The local refinery has borrowed hundreds of millions from the taxpayer and do they share their profits at the rack? Of course not, but we're welcome to pay for their "losses".

Total BS and the very definition of "price gouging".

Latest posts

Back