How much did you pay for fuel today ??$$??$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw as much as a $.80 difference from state to state. Explain that to me. And that's all tax except fuel so it's not the difference in the state taxes on it.

Last edited:
I saw as much as a $.80 difference from state to state. Explain that to me. And that's all tax except fuel so it's not the difference in the state taxes on it.

Can you say ripoff?! Here in Texas... gas is cheaper in Austin (which is in the middle of the state 150 miles from Houston) than it is in Houston (where the refineries are). Go figure! [S

BoB

gas%2Bwars.jpg

$3.15 at costco and thats the best deal in town. gota love socal [S
The above picture made me think of a gas war in galveston in 57, one station at each end of the island, got down to $.10 and i only had a one gallon wizard:(

I payed $10 for some 110 the other day, :( but the truck runs way better with a little go fast gas in it.

Regular gas is tight round $3 here.

When I went to pick up the Chevelle today... gas was $2.19 for reg but since the Chevelle takes premium... $2.54! Not bad! I have this new thing of not going over 70 (our speed limit is 75 which means everyone goes 85) & got the best mileage the Chevelle's ever gotten... 17.2mpg! If I go 80-85... 12.5mpg.

BoB

It has been dropping here recently and they are predicting under $2 soon. [cl It is currently around $2.17 and I paid $2.56 for hitest the other day. A guy was telling me at work that he paid 40 some cents a gallon because the Winn Dixie grocery stores give a reward type discount and he was able to get 20 gallons at that price.

We sure are gonna hate it when they figure out a way to get it back up again, and they will do that, count on it. :(:(

Don

$1.15 for reg & $2.54 for premium here in central Tejas! Now that premium is reasonable I've been crusin' the Chevelle & lov'n that A/C!!! [ddd

BoB

I was in Virginia yesterday and paid $2.16 for fuel with state sales tax but it was $2.55 for tax excempt fuel at the truck stops. Figure that one out!

I never thought I would see gas this low ever again in my lifetime. I remember when I was about 18, in 1963, I worked at gas stations and there was a local gas war. Gas was normally about 25 cents a gallon, but it got down to 19 cents. People were going nuts and filling up their cars just like they were saving a ton of money ! :D

My one buddy had a 64 Vette with the optional gas tank, and he was complaining that it cost over $5.00 to fill it up ! :eek::eek::D

I also remember that on Saturday nights we would go to my friends Sunoco station and he would turn the dial past the Sunoco 260 mark so that we were getting super hi test , something like 270. It was great racing fuel for our little Saturday night street races.

Don

Latest posts

Back