Miller Tig set-up with 25' flex line power box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4speed411

Just picked up a Miller Tig welder and set up the power box on a 25' flex line to reach all areas of the shop or out in the drive. Seen another with this set-up and it looked like a pretty good idea.

That should work fine. We have our mig and tig on a 25 foot heavy duty extension cord and it hasn't hurt performance any. As long as you use heavy enough gauge wiring they work well, and it does give you some extra room to move the welder around.

My Son has the same tig you do and that thing is awesome.

Don

I just seen a new set up that Tweco makes, it's a mig/tig and arc all in a 110 volt. Tweco 141i looks like a nice little set up for the shi---stuff we do and a good price of $525 at weldersupply.com [dr

That should work fine, I have mine like that. Is the wire heavy enough to handle the tig at full load. Mine pulls 100 amps wide open, and I have tripped that 100 amp breaker at times.

What's this cable?

attachment.php

Looks like your everyday BX or AC (armored cable)

attachment.php

If it is... it should not be used as an extension cord... prone to moisture, cracking, crushing, and most importantly, deadly shorts. :eek: (This cable is meant to be permanent, not flexed and twisted repeatedly.)

In my shop, the AC is run to a fixed outlet and my extension (when needed) is rubber shielded. (I don't recall the specs, but it's heavy and correct for the application as defined by my neighbor/friend/electrician.) All I'm trying to say here, is... make sure your setup is SAFE... 100 amps will kill you and three of your best friends. :(

Attachments

• AC extension.jpg
    AC extension.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 33
  • ac-bx-02cw.jpg
    ac-bx-02cw.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back