'49 or '50 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZRodDave

This has to be one of my all-time favorite cars. I have searched years and different models, but what exactly is this Olds ??? I WANT ONE !!!

Thank you. :)

Clipboard02_zpsd334280a.jpg

One thing I CAN tell you Dave ....I do not think that is a Rocket 88 still in there ...
Oldog

You sure are right about that! ;)

There seem to be 3 or 4 models or trim levels, and pretty sure the one I like the most is the plain jane coupe, 1949. There are two of them for sale up in Cottonwood, AZ for $6000. One is more complete and perhaps driveable, and the other is more of a builder. Why one is supposedly worth $200 more is beyond me (the builder?). Too many zeroes for me anyway. One day perhaps...

The yellow one looks exactly like the 50 olds the old body shop manager from Tulley Buick GMC up here in NH owned...Same blower, carbs, wheels and louvered hood....weird

Coincidence ???

The yellow one looks exactly like the 50 olds the old body shop manager from Tulley Buick GMC up here in NH owned...Same blower, carbs, wheels and louvered hood....weird

No kidding? Could be the same car then. I was watching some car show vids on youtube and did a screen capture on this one. One of the shows was in New England, but I don't remember which video or where exactly, or even what year it was. I just know that I loved the car straight away and had to share. It was only onscreen for a second or two.

There used to be a primer grey one running around near my neighborhood, and I meant to catch the guy and talk about it, but never did. We were always going in opposite directions. If I see it again, I will surely chase him down, but it's been a few years and he probably moved.

All of the trim has been removed, and the rear w/w have been rounded. It should be a 50 due to the one piece w/s. They can be changed. Fun cars .I have owned several body styles, but like the 2 dr sedan best.

All of the trim has been removed, and the rear w/w have been rounded. It should be a 50 due to the one piece w/s. They can be changed. Fun cars .I have owned several body styles, but like the 2 dr sedan best.

Agreed! It just looks right all the way around, to my eye anyway. :)

I'd say that is the one then. The show was probably up here at New England Dragway. The car is running a 6-71 blown Olds 394 with a 4 speed and an Olds rear mounted to truck arms. It ran 11.1 in the 1/4. Guy who owned it was the body shop manager at the dealer I worked at 10 years ago. [cl

Latest posts

Back