904 transmission

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thigh19

My 904 for my 68 rambler American gasser has a stage 3 shift kit in it which means full manual shift.
My question is do I need to worry about the kick down linkage?

Is this a trick question??

My 904 for my 68 rambler American gasser has a stage 3 shift kit in it which means full manual shift.
My question is do I need to worry about the kick down linkage?

[S... but if you are serious....I would think that full manual shifts would not be dependent on any kick down linkage set up....since it would not shift up or down until you selected a or the next gear....but of course....that is JMHO.....

Full manual shift valve bodies on Mopars don't require the kick down linkage.
And they are lots of fun to drive! Enjoy it.

It thru me off when he said Shift Kit....

Full manual shift valve bodies on Mopars don't require the kick down linkage.
And they are lots of fun to drive! Enjoy it.

Manual valve body I'd have understood....but I've never seen a simple shift kit that converted to a full manual shift...so hence my response of "is this a trick question"?.....lol...[S

I once had a 440 dart with a stage 3 shift kit that could only be manually shifted, that's why I asked.

Oky Doky....wasn't being judgmental....just curious...

I once had a 440 dart with a stage 3 shift kit that could only be manually shifted, that's why I asked.

By no means am I an expert on Mopars.....(not even a fan)....but hey, you learn something new every day of your life.... hope your plans work out good....:D

Latest posts

Back