Cleaner Air

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klink

I've been looking at "air cleaners" for the shop. Like most of you I do metal working with grinding/sanding dust being a big problem. Welding smoke can be an issue too, but it's mostly dust. And like most of you my little shop doubles as a home project shop with wood dust being an issue from time to time. Anyone using anything to scrub the air? I've looked at this type and I wonder how well they work??? https://www.baileigh.com/air-filtration-system-afs-1000

With the wooden boat and the car in the same shop I have that problem as well.
Plus it is attached to my house so I am always tracking the dust/dirt in no matter how careful I am.
I"m not sure how effective those systems really are. I think that for saw dust a system that hooks directly to your tools would be better. And as far as Metal dust goes. Well.....
I wonder how long that filter will last under normal wrok loads.
In the warmer weather I just use a cheapy window fan to exhaust out and to move air.
Let us know how it works if you get one
Torchie

I had a welding/fab shop for 30 years and I had a Company come down and look at our shop and they said we needed 2 units in opposite corners of the shop and the reason being is to keep the dust and the smoke in the air till it finds the filters. I thought they were just trying to sell me more stuff, so I bought one from a different company didn't seem to work, bought a second one, and it worked very well with the two. Had to keep up on the filters though to keep it working.

I have a fan assembly out of a commercial air exchange unit. I wanted it for the summer months and it'll blow your hair back at 20 ft., if you have any hair... anyhow, I fit it with a common furnace filter and soon found it useful for smoke and dust year 'round.

Also, it'll clear the room of a beer/chili fart in .5 seconds...

Latest posts

Back