My 37 Dodge pu build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it Bruno, We old guys have to be careful. Takes too long to heal.

Too bad about the quality of the bed.

IMG_1287 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

Darn it Bruno, We old guys have to be careful. Takes too long to heal.

Too bad about the quality of the bed.

Heal up brother! Our disabled list is too long already.
I have found very few after market sheet metal suppliers that produce replacement stuff that actually fits or is of real good quality.
Northern trucks here in Michigan was one of the few and they closed their doors last year.
This also points to the reason the OEM sheet metal prices are as steep as they are.
Keep on keeping on ...
Torchie

The bed is, at least, not rusted and warped from sitting under a pile of lumber or something..:rolleyes: But the back muscle deal is something I can relate to. I spent three weeks recovering from a muscle tear next to my spine, and am finally getting to the point where I can work a full day. Listen to the doc, and take it easy until it's ready to play nice.

I just got a 47 to 53 Chevy pickup bed from LMC Truck. The quality was only fair. First thing i did was to rip open two fingers on the esp welds, most all of them will cut you. Why they didn't spend a minute removing the nibs before putting on the coating is a mystery to me. The majority of the bolt holes were off and had to be drilled slightly oversize. I guess you do get what you pay for, it will be fine after a little body work and filler for my truck. If you are building a really nice truck spend a few hundred more and get a quality bed.

After measuring carefully several times, the bed will have to be shortened 27" and will end up 53" long. Have to remove 6" from the width.View attachment 144110

View attachment 144111

View attachment 144112

View attachment 144113

View attachment 144114
You can see the misalignment on the top bolt, no way to get a nut on it.

2 days after taking these photos i fell down the front steps while pressure washing and screwed up my back muscles. Been a week and i still can't do anything, Doc says it's gonna take some time to heal.

Don't know why pics didn't show up.
Click on the attachments and they will

I like big photos :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bruno, I hope you are healing and get to cutting up that brand new bed. Your truck is going to be one fine, unique piece when done.

Latest posts

Back