Art

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selectedgrub

Just some more shed art

IMG_9927.JPG

Nice! I assume you are into photography as well, I liked that big insect on the shed wall. Is that your work? what about the murals? Good stuff.

I also am a former and re emerging artist. Long story. Getting back into it, I will put some of my stuff here also, thanks for the inspire.

Wll, I don't know if my mailbox qualifies as art, but the patina does fit in with rat rodding! First day for the mailbox, the postal person (who is a very nice lady) protested my "patina" job and left a message that the box needed paint. My solution was to spray the door with satin black applied over the rust, knowing that the patina would quickly return. So far, no more notes!

Hood ornaments are what one can make out of left over SBC parts.

And I have a junkyard dog guarding my shop!

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2408.jpg
    IMG_2408.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 23
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_24b3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_24b3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the likes on the mailbox.

The upright is 6"x6"x 1/4" steel, the box is all 1/8" and it is bolted to a big concrete base. If someone runs into it, the mailbox will win!!!

Bob

Wll, I don't know if my mailbox qualifies as art, but the patina does fit in with rat rodding! First day for the mailbox, the postal person (who is a very nice lady) protested my "patina" job and left a message that the box needed paint. My solution was to spray the door with satin black applied over the rust, knowing that the patina would quickly return. So far, no more notes!

Hood ornaments are what one can make out of left over SBC parts.

And I have a junkyard dog guarding my shop!

The valve train critters are clever.[cl

If we're showing our other "art"....here's my latest. Haven't done a knife in about 4 years. This was built in a build along thread on one of the auto knife forums where I'm a moderator. One of the premier auto knife makers in the world, Picklok Pat, started a build along thread in order to get those that wished to know everything about building one a first hand account of all parts and the tips given by him to accomplish the feat. It got really involved with pix and back and forth chatter on how to do this and that. Those involved in the actual build along would have the opportunity to win the knife that Pat built. I helped him with getting his pix up and it came out great. Not many played along but maybe 6 or 7....

sorry for being so long winded....here's mine. I went off in a different direction than most did. They were doing later styled stilettos mostly. This one is modeled after a knife called a Prioletta and the originals were made circa 1850.
attachment.php
]

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0235.jpg
    102_0235.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 102_0238.jpg
    102_0238.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 102_0245.jpg