What would you do??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stump

I have 3 project vehicles now and I am like a kid in the candy store and don't know which one to work on. Project 1: 69 chevelle non rat rod material but would like to pro-street it; have the tires and wheels but no back-half kit and have to spend about $2500 for one, so that one is on the back burner. Project 2: 51 Chevy truck (definite cool rat rod material) on s10 frame, started on getting cab floor structure welded in. Just picked up Project 3: 55 GMC truck, solid truck, cab and box in place, needs front clip put on and drive train installed....APPEARS to be less work to make it road worthy than the first 2 projects. So the question for the fellow rat rodders is...play with project 2 for a bit and then hop on #3 before spring hits or get #3 ready to go then on to #2 again? What would you do????

If you must have something to drive for spring, grab the one that you can do that the most easily, get it road worthy, then work on something else... you can always keep tweaking the driver once it is road worthy...

projects

I hear ya stump! I have 4 projects to work on. I have decided to work on the one that I most want to work on. I say work on what you want to finish.

440shorty

Work on whatever is closest to road ready. At least get one of them to that point, and then you can work on whatever. One half finished driver is a lot more fun than 3 piles of parts. I'll even get a project together for the summer knowing I'll have to tear it all back down next winter.

Did you really want help, or did you just want to rub it in that you have three cool projects in the works? [ddd

Work one the one that will get you on the road the fastes , easiest, and cheapest. I have a project that I've been working on for at least 13 years, an I still can't get it done.

There's your answer now, go get it drivable [ddd
The 55 sounds like a good candidate to me then use it as a parts getter [P

Like most of us, you can get spread too thin too fast. 2 projects is my limit. One under construction and one in the parts gathering stage. Any more than that for me and nothing ever gets completed. Pick the one that needs the least amount of work/money.

Work on whatever is closest to road ready. At least get one of them to that point, and then you can work on whatever. One half finished driver is a lot more fun than 3 piles of parts. I'll even get a project together for the summer knowing I'll have to tear it all back down next winter.

Did you really want help, or did you just want to rub it in that you have three cool projects in the works? [ddd

Not rubbing, it was an honest question[dr

I vote for getting the easy one done and go from there. I have 4 projects,and Im trying to concentrate on one,BUT- I end up doing alittle to each of them+I aint driving none of them. Im trying to get my Dodge put together,but sometimes I see parts on c-list for the other cars+I spend my Saturday driving 100 miles to find a part for the other cars. Im going to stop doing that and just do one at a time.

I have 5 project cars in the works along with some big household projects. Focus on one and you'll get one done. If you spread yourself too thin none will get done, just come by and see.:mad:

Thanks for the suggestions, the 55 it is. Time to get busy, the shop is getting full of parts that need to get bolted back on. I wish I had a cart like I've seen in some of the build projects, to put the '51 cab on so I can roll it around. I may have to build one of those first.

Thanks for the suggestions, the 55 it is. Time to get busy, the shop is getting full of parts that need to get bolted back on. I wish I had a cart like I've seen in some of the build projects, to put the '51 cab on so I can roll it around. I may have to build one of those first.

An old pallet with casters on it is about the cheapest way =)
I've also welded casters to the bottom of my cab before...

Latest posts

Back