36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm back at the '36. I've installed a new sediment bowl gasket, successfully. Then I went to Lethbridge to a swapmeet and bought a new hotrod wiper arm and blade. That is now installed and bent so it doesn't keep catching on the other wiper.
Now to boot this truck out to the shed, and bring in the next project.

Attachments

• IMG_2354.jpg
    IMG_2354.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
Cool. All done. As a side note , do you know what size screws and thread pitch the screws that hold the windshield together are on your 36? I have to get one apart and I don't want to screw it up. The heads are broken off and I will be drilling and fighting these 83 year old buggers out.

Good question Kenny. They are the size that isn't made anymore. I think it is #12. You can order them through a vintage Ford parts store. Good luck.
You might think I'm crazier than I really am, Dr., but I'm going to walk right past the '34 Plymouth that's half done and bring in a '34 Dodge Brothers truck that's partly done.

I almost forgot that I should test drive my '36 Ford before I put it away 'til spring. So it got drove and it passed the test. The clutch is smooth in engaging and there doesn't seem to be any gas smell. The windshield wipers play together without fighting, now. Of course, they only acted up when it was stormy and we were going down the highway at a good clip.

Good question Kenny. They are the size that isn't made anymore. I think it is #12. You can order them through a vintage Ford parts store. Good luck.
You might think I'm crazier than I really am, Dr., but I'm going to walk right past the '34 Plymouth that's half done and bring in a '34 Dodge Brothers truck that's partly done.

I almost forgot that I should test drive my '36 Ford before I put it away 'til spring. So it got drove and it passed the test. The clutch is smooth in engaging and there doesn't seem to be any gas smell. The windshield wipers play together without fighting, now. Of course, they only acted up when it was stormy and we were going down the highway at a good clip.
'34 Plymouth what?

Thanks Doc. for playing into my hand. Yes, I've got a five window coupe '34 Plymouth with a Baby Hemi and A833 NP four speed in the shop, almost half done. This car jumped into my lineup ahead of the '34 Dodge Brothers truck and stole the Hemi, four speed combo and the radiator that was supposed to go in the DB truck. Now that I had to do a bunch of work on the DB to run it in a play in town, I thought I would carry on and make it a rat to die for.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2173.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 19
Torchie, I never told you about the other half finished projects that are scattered around the shop that I passed over, yet again, or you'd think I was whining/bragging. A 1968 Dodge SuperBee that I courted my wife in 47 years ago, and a 1954 Massey-Harris '33'.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 26
  • sand blasting 004.jpg
    sand blasting 004.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 23
Mac.....
Tough choices but I would Bee all over that SuperBee.(Get it).:eek::D
Someone from my family probably helped to build it originally.:D [cl :cool:
My brothers HS car was a 69 Cuda with the 340 sport package. Factory 4 speed and headers among other goodies.
I loved that car.
Torchie

I think the '68's had that power bulge and no hood scoops. Mine has a power bulge hidden under the dust with the little accenting strips lying on the Monarch beside it. The original motor is freshly rebuilt and still wrapped in plastic sitting on the shop floor and I'm turning a blind eye.

Latest posts

Back