Nice truck around okla

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's kind of interesting.... I would be curious to see it up close. I suppose properly executed that isn't all that bad of an idea.... definitely different.

Looking at the amount of zip ties and crap in the photo with the motor says it probably isn't done right, but ya know......

I did the same thing when I found that add. I was wondering why it was so cheap then I saw the engine was at the wrong end. :confused:

I empathize with your sadness. It's a nice cab, but on a VW Floorpan?? And that hood and grille don't do it justice either. What a shame.

Even if well executed, you still have the shame (and expense) of driving something with an air cooled VW motor.

Am I the only one that will defend the concept? I don't think it is that bad, like the look, interesting idea, just don't like the fact that it is built on the bug pan. If it was on its own frame then no big deal.

Ya know what they say dare to be different.

I think if it was done better it wouldn't be a bad little efficient cruiser, but it looks cobbled together and the front clip just doesn't work on it lol.

the VW thing just killed it for me, i like the look, needs some tweeking but why a vw engine... lol i know alot of people are probably thinking its cool and all that. and it probably would be, would box in the engine compartment (where its suppose to be not where its at) and make something cool like a big beer cooler or something, but i guess im old school i like the motor in the front pipes out the side lol

I'm good with the VW thang as well. As long as it's executed well to each his own, it's different for sure. For the most part the truck looks really good to me other than the grill. I think it needs something more 36, 37 Ford coupe lookin for a grill.

Alls fare in love and hot rods

We tend to talk creativity then slam them when they do something different [S
I'm with neverdone x at east 2

Excellent idea! Maybe too good of shape vehicle to do it to. I'd be happy to do that with a rusted out heap - you could chop and section it to the max and still have lots of leg room upfront.

At least it's not a Honda motor or something... :rolleyes:
(I had more, but I'll stop there. ;))

Last edited:
I see a lot of V8 VWs at shows and think the same thing.... Why???? I like to keep brand's together, Ford with Ford, VW with VW, Chevy with Chevy..........

Tim

I don't have a problem with mixing breeds or with being different but after owning a few German engineered cars I hate vw's.... with a passion.

I think it's pretty cool. I like that's it's not a SBC. It could use a better eye on some of the details, but overall I give it a B, maybe B-.

Not a fan of das Farfenugen???

I don't have a problem with mixing breeds or with being different but after owning a few German engineered cars I hate vw's.... with a passion.

Look familiar??

Attachments

• vw-farfegnugen.jpg
    vw-farfegnugen.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back