Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m hoping to see this one once it’s apart but there is no guarantee about that ac it’s in my friends possession now. There is still 3 more to go, though.
Torchie

Good luck on the new leg. I found that one way of getting the frozen pins out of things is to heat the material outside the pin until cherry red but not getting any color in the pin. Then quench it with a rag soaked in ice cold water. this will keep the material outside the pin at it's expanded size. This way you can use the original size pin and only bush the worn part of the hinge. Hope this helps.

Good luck on the new leg. I found that one way of getting the frozen pins out of things is to heat the material outside the pin until cherry red but not getting any color in the pin. Then quench it with a rag soaked in ice cold water. this will keep the material outside the pin at it's expanded size. This way you can use the original size pin and only bush the worn part of the hinge. Hope this helps.

Thanks kenny! I start the new leg process today. Appointment at 2;30 with the leg shop.

The 36 Dodge pickup I had had 1/4" bolts stuck in for hinge pins, and they were too small. I think a 5/16" was close, but too big.
Hinge pins seem to be a hassle for everyone, Bama.
This will be the first one I will have done so I'm interested to see how it goes. I've always just done them myself. I must be getting old......:eek: :p
Torchie

Hey Torchie.... The car is way cool. Good luck with the new leg,,,,,hope it fits well and feels great. You mentioned snow....yuk, I hate it!

Couper

Thanks Couper and gang.
Well things took a turn here today. Some of you may remember that my wife and I have been doing elder care for her 94 year old mom.
Jean made the decision last week to go to an assisted living complex. It's just not safe for her to live alone.
So part of that process was getting a TB test. Jean has been having issues with her heart staying in sync again and this time when Mrs T took her to have the test read Mrs T insisted they take her Mom's vitals. That's all it took for a ambulence ride to the hospital.:eek:
They have been in the ER since 2:30 and just now were finally admitted to a room.
It's going to be a long night. Send out all the good vibes you guys can spare.:)
Thanks.
Torchie

Thanks Gang!!
Mrs T and her mom got back home about midnight last night. Her heart is back in Rhythm but she is very tired and weak.
They decided not to keep her due to the hospital being in a Pandemic code red.
I had to look that one up.
So todays a new day and all we can do is keep moving forward.
Thanks again for all the help gang!:):cool:
Torchie

Sourced a pair of these today.
Looks like they should work.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3643.jpg
    IMG_3643.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3642.jpg
    IMG_3642.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 25
That doesn't look like a hemi.
Good eye skip.😳😎
I won’t even have the Hemi in my shop until spring. I’m moving forward with the 318 as everything I have done in the past 2 months has been geared to that.
I have to move forward on this build.
It’s already becoming a 3 leg build as it is.😳
The one I had on when I got it. The one I’m wearing now that is less then a year old and my new one that is coming.
That’s 2 legs too many.........lol
I have plans for at least one of those hemis. Not too worry.
That’s for a future thread 😜
Torchie

Hemi wheel chair. Hmmmmm.
Back at the subframe for the new floor. Welded in the rest of the 1x2.
Tomorrow I will fill in the bracing with 1x1.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3652 2.jpg
    IMG_3652 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3662.jpg
    IMG_3662.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 13