Amazon... how do they do it?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I'm putting my 3x2 setup back on & always use Permatex Red RTV sealant! It was like $9 at O'Reilly's plus it costs me $5 in gas to go to town. I looked on Amazon & it was $6 free shipping... next day delivery! I ordered it on Sunday & sure enough it came in the mail Monday before noon! HOW do they do that?!?

BoB

Because they don't pay taxes for starters.

That's right, Amazon paid NO federal taxes on a profit of 11.2 billion dollars last year.

You're still paying for it - nothing is "free".

That still doesn't explain how they get the USPS to deliver something in a single day, now that is a miracle! :eek:

Toad

That still doesn't explain how they get the USPS to deliver something in a single day, now that is a miracle! :eek:

They're not using USPS nearly as much now. They have their own delivery service, using both private contractors and their new fleet of delivery trucks.

I use them alot.. order a part for the daily on sat. and it was here on sun [cl
Besides no taxes it's the volume give them that 11.1 B$:D

They're not using USPS nearly as much now. They have their own delivery service, using both private contractors and their new fleet of delivery trucks.

Here they don't have their own couriers but they have spread their business across almost all of the carriers. That way if there's a strike, they can just spread the striking workers load across the remaining carriers.

I use them quite a bit, and love the delivery, but find that you still have to watch their prices. Sometimes they are cheaper, but sometimes they aren't!

I use them quite a bit, and love the delivery, but find that you still have to watch their prices. Sometimes they are cheaper, but sometimes they aren't!

Very true especially with prime and "free" shipping. If you are not in a hurry sometimes it is cheaper to go with a non prime price plus shipping. They have warehouses all over now which speeds their delivery. Some of the younguns that worked with with me went there for more money. I hear some want to come back because they are worked pretty hard there. Very high pace. Jim

Latest posts

Back