Is it worth it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molinerat

Found a 53 F100, complete, rusty floorboards, solid fenders and running boards, rusty cab corners. Has title. Is it worth $1000? [S[S[S[S

I've seen some real crap going for more.....

Found a 53 F100, complete, rusty floorboards, solid fenders and running boards, rusty cab corners. Has title. Is it worth $1000? [S[S[S[S

what it boils down to is / are you willing to pay that for what you see? Is it something you can fix and is it really what you want....if it meets all that criteria, then is it in the budget....one man's trash is another man's treasure.... if it's not what your looking for it's never a bargain...JMHO

I'm betting if it was really what you wanted you would'nt be asking this question. :) Maybe you are thinking "well it's available now and i gots the money" Halfhearted projects often don't make it past the first setback and never past the first realization that it's going to cost way more than expected.
Before any money changes hands be sure that title matches and is actually in this owners name ready to be transferred. A bad title can be more grief than no title. Let us know what you do. :cool:

This rat rod phase has caused the price of old tin to escalate so it's probably a $500 rig that he's asking $1500 and expects to get $1000.
$1000 for the truck + $140 for floor boards + $100 for cab corners + your time $0 = $1240 in a rig now worth $2000 = a profit of $760 in 2 weeks do the math.
Less $60 in material, you have just made around $350 a week clear and had a good time :)
With a title in hand with your name cause, in the 2 weeks it will have been mailed back to you ;)

PU's like that with a title go for about $500 around these parts but also hard to say with any pictures.

BoB

Worth it?

I guess it depends on the area of the country you're in but doesn't sound like a bad price to me. The fact that I drive a 56 Effie makes me pay close attention when I see one for sale. The price of pickups, at least around here, has gone outta sight. And as a matter of information, every piece of that truck is available in reproduction.

That's just one more opinion. LOL :D

Lynn

The 53-56 have been popular as long as I can remember, don't seem like a bad price if it has a good title and the rest of it is straight. And like shakey said, all the parts are available repop and that makes a huge difference in a project not bogging down.
Even here in the dry rustfree midwest half the old trucks need floorboards and cab corners.

Picked it up this morning.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 15
Oh yeah....

Congrats on the F100. Looks good. As a matter of info. MidFifty F100 Parts are great people and sell high-quality parts. I've bought a bunch from them and have been very pleased. If I can help you, let me know.:D

http://www.midfifty.com/

Lynn

yea, the hood is rusty across the front, but I wanna keep all the original looking patina I can. wanna fix the floorboard and cab corners and lower cowl sections and it will be placed on an S10 chassis. [;)

Latest posts

Back