New hauler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

My old home built trailer was getting pretty ragged out. Needs a new floor again, a couple of tires are about gone, needs lights again. Been looking around for a little longer 18' or 20', found a few at good prices but always got beat out on them. This one popped up on Marketplace the other night, priced right, so went and got it Friday. Got to do a little floor work, has a few bad boards, and need to do a little welding, needs a crack fixed and going to add a front stop to keep anything from rolling up onto the toung if something happened. Oh, and it needs lights, but he gave me a new set to go on it. Trailer lights always seem to get knocked off, LOL! Oh, and this one has Ford pattern 15" wheels with new tires, so good to go there. Low enough I can load almost anything easily, my old trailer sat so high it made loading a car an adventure

Attachments

• DSCF1618.jpg
    DSCF1618.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1619.jpg
    DSCF1619.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 36
I like the gentle slope downwards of the back end. My trailer has too sharp of an angle from the slanty part to the level deck and a low car drags badly going over it. Yours will be nice to load onto. Good show.

Nice score. On my trailer the tail lights are housed in 3/8" wall rectangle tubing with a window cut in facing rear for the lens. Haven't knock any off in 15 years. I will try to get pics later.

Mac, that gentle slope is the result of trying to load a 16,000 lb tractor on it I was told. Bent it right at the axles. Gives it about a six inch drop at the rear. For my purposes, it just gives it a long dovetail. I have to weld in a little reinforcement on one side, the other has already been done. The guy I got it from was using it to haul his dirt track car. I have a few mods to do to it before I start using it.

Mac, that gentle slope is the result of trying to load a 16,000 lb tractor on it I was told. Bent it right at the axles. Gives it about a six inch drop at the rear. For my purposes, it just gives it a long dovetail. I have to weld in a little reinforcement on one side, the other has already been done. The guy I got it from was using it to haul his dirt track car. I have a few mods to do to it before I start using it.

Funny...my trailer was customized in a similar way hauling a 46 Chevy..:rolleyes::D

Latest posts

Back