My New Toy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big wheels are nice

looks great real great with those wheels and Id understand if you got another set cause of the shows but if another show says painted only are you gonna paint it ? The problem I would see is that thier noses are too high to see that low ass truck. other than the collumn I,d drive it till the wheels fall off , and then you can get a vintage pair haha.

I'm going to get set of 17" smoothies and may paint them the same metal flake red that's on the seats. Some of the car shows I want to attend don't allow modern wheels.

My guess is that you'll be winning those car shows.

I can't stand Chevy's normally but dayum! [dr [dr [dr

the show this weekend was a bunch of rats and true Kustoms. but my truck would have stole the show. As for the wire under the dash. its a new wiring harness but the PO didn't shorten any of the wires. I'm planning on doing that this next weekend. thanks for all the compliments. Ill never get tired of them, even at every red light. I will get tired of all the "what color are you going to paint it" comments. lol. its a style people arent familiar with yet i guess.

What color are you going to paint it? [ddev

Gotta be one in every crowd :D I think he should paint it the same color you paint yours Flipper 1938 (when you going to paint yours?) by the way Rivrat..I love the "new toy" just as it is...including the wheels

Gotta be one in every crowd :D I think he should paint it the same color you paint yours Flipper 1938 (when you going to paint yours?) by the way Rivrat..I love the "new toy" just as it is...including the wheels

Actually, I might do a cab swap and paint it this winter. ....Boyds red.

Those BOSS wheels just look so good!!! Especially on that truck !!!! Great looking truck,hope you have alot of fun with it. Nice to see a truck with great patina !!!! Great find !!!

Actually, I might do a cab swap and paint it this winter. ....Boyds red.

I started to panic when I read this....but before jumping to conclusions I went back and read the last page or two of your build. I can understand why you want to seal things up. Getting wet while driving in the rain, and smelling exhaust in the cab are no good. Guess I just made the assumption (yes I know not to assUme) that you had the cab solid and sealed.

It's just I'm not normally one for flatbeds, but you nailed the look with yours, and I think part of it is the patina your cab has along with the way you finished(?) the truck. The patina and stance are what I think make Rivrats truck so sharp...guess I just like the patina thing

Here are the new wheels i put on this weekend, dont worry guys i kept the old ones to swap back and forth depending on my mood.
15X7 Artillary wheels
215/75r15 Goodyear with 3"white wall

a803f27e.jpg

3865164c.jpg

Well im storing one in my yard for the neibor, 53 that is and i vision one lookin that good, but im thinkin im gonna get it from him, that thing is sweettt[dr

Those look just as good! I mighta went with orange instead of red. Probably looks different in person though.

SamFear
I went with Red because my seats are Metalflake Red. I tried to go a little darker but he didnt have a darker red in his powder coat material. it does look different in person. they look really red in the picture.

Latest posts

Back