s10 rat rod need help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tscw

Okay, first of all I know alot of people here are going to say this is a stupid idea, but IMO it would look cool and it seems like a cheap project. I was thinking about taking a late 80s early 90s s10, removing the fenders and bumber and putting an early model pickup bumper on it, and also removing the bed and building a wooden crate type bed to put on. I was also thinking about chopping the cab and putting drag radials on the rear wheels.
Basically I'm wondering if this is doable because I am new to rat rodding and don't know a whole lot about doing things like this. Any help is very much appreciated.

Yes,it is doable if thats what you want. I for one love to see people using new iron to build "Rat style" rods.They may not by true rats but there built with what you have.Remember,not everyone can get old iron to build something.Do it and post lots of pictures.[P[;):cool:

Hummmppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , That's where I'm headed in my mind lately . I've been looking for some vintage iron for a good while now with no success .

I'm considering an S10 or C1500 GM truck .

Let's see some newer iron if you have them or the pictures you've taken of them.

Thx
Gonzo

Good to know it's actually doable, thanks for the feedback. Another thing I waas wondering, I was thinking about running open headers. Is that legal?

Nothing wrong with doing something different...

Okay, first of all I know alot of people here are going to say this is a stupid idea, but IMO it would look cool and it seems like a cheap project. I was thinking about taking a late 80s early 90s s10, removing the fenders and bumber and putting an early model pickup bumper on it, and also removing the bed and building a wooden crate type bed to put on. I was also thinking about chopping the cab and putting drag radials on the rear wheels.
Basically I'm wondering if this is doable because I am new to rat rodding and don't know a whole lot about doing things like this. Any help is very much appreciated.

People think I'm nutz doing a 96 gmc.....

Looks like this is a more recent picture.

6570_121287143020_571543020_2394115_6434002_n.jpg

How do you guys upload the big pics like that? I tried using the URL and I just get a blank page ?????

Attachments

• 0926091052.jpg
    0926091052.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 86
I've had the same bee buzzing around in my noggin for almost 10 years, except mine was going to be based on an Isuzu pickup. But then scrap prices went way up, two kids entered college, and :confused: the money went away. I say go for it and build what you want and not worry about making anybody happy but yourself. I for one think it'll be cool.

One of the big problems is the windshield. notice the one in the pic used Lexan. He could have made a split double flat windshield and used glass. Woulda looked way better.

I still don't know how anybody fits in that. I have a 89 S10, my head is in the roof and legs feel like they're in the dash with the seat all back.

he fits in i would think cause he dont have the factory seat in it hes i would say a set of very small set of bucket seats or boat seats or maybe even just pads on the floor.just my 2 pennies:D

Latest posts

Back