s10 rat rod need help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, very do-able. Cool? On my scale of 1 to 10, about a 2, 2 1/2, especially since you are planning to use an S-10 frame on a fenderless build, they just never look right because the front wheels are too far back and the radiator/grille ends up sticking way out front screaming dorkmobile.
Not saying an S-10 doesn't make a fine little rod but not all hacked up like that.

Yup, very do-able. Cool? On my scale of 1 to 10, about a 2, 2 1/2, especially since you are planning to use an S-10 frame on a fenderless build, they just never look right because the front wheels are too far back and the radiator/grille ends up sticking way out front screaming dorkmobile.
Not saying an S-10 doesn't make a fine little rod but not all hacked up like that.

Totally agreed. And the 2 1/2 is being generous. A nice little lowered S-10 makes a cool little daily driver/parts runner, but start trying to make it something it's not and it goes bad fast...

Diggin' this thread up again. I really started looking at this S10 and decided it doesn't look good to me, BUT I respect what it's about. There are a few things could have been done way better or smarter.
The headers - huh? Facing them forward serves no real purpose.
The mirrors block half his forward vision.
The motor looks like it could have been lowered a few more inches. Maybe not, but I'd have it as low as it could go safely.
The headlights - again huh? No good reason.

It's already outside the norm - it doesn't need to go over the top (referencing that horrible Stallone movie). It's a dime a dozen vehicle stripped down to go fast (well, its meant to look that way) - I'm not gonna argue with that concept.
s10rod.jpg

Not a big fan of the lexan windshield either, kinda like he gave up.

While I agree with you that wheels left in the stock location = dorkmobile , That doesn't seem to be the case on this one . Probably the only thing S-10 is the cab . Would not work on a stock S-10 frame .

I think it's pretty safe to say, if you can concieve it, it CAN be built!!
That doesn't mean it should be built! Only you can be the judge of what you like!!

It doesn't need the hood ornament on the roof either. At least they had the sense not to try and put a 30's grille on it too.

Latest posts

Back