How rusty is too rusty?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna, but the BOY backed out on the deal. Read all the post to get the whole story if you want. I am not a happy camper!:mad:

For builders that can weld, nothing is too rusty. For someone like me, I tried welding once and I was terrible. Therefore, I only bought cars with little or no rust. No that I'm retired on a fixed income, I only but cars with good bodies and fair paint. When I get too old to turn a wrench, it will be finished cars only. LOL

[;) Too rusty for a rat rod?
I bought mine with the doors off and sitting along side of the cab. There was very little floor left and the bottom of the cab and doors were rotted. When I put on the doors they were 4 inches higher that the opening as the cowl area had dropped. I put in a floor 6" above the stock one, chopped it 6 " and installed angle iron to strengthen the body. Rewelded the factory seams and left the rot on the bottom of the doors and cab to look cool.[;) weld on.....

that's not rusty, this was rusty. Ant thing can be saved you just have to want it bad enough

Attachments

• DSCN0912.jpg
    DSCN0912.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0917.jpg
    DSCN0917.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0985.jpg
    DSCN0985.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
  • GetAttachment (7).jpg
    GetAttachment (7).jpg