Nice find on CL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm overly suspicious but that would scare me. Engine, trans and rear are worth that much. I'd be afraid I'd get robbed or it was stolen! We've had a rash of that around here.

Toad

Maybe I'm overly suspicious but that would scare me. Engine, trans and rear are worth that much. I'd be afraid I'd get robbed or it was stolen! We've had a rash of that around here.

Toad

I agree! With as much time invested in building that to where it is now, i would certainly charge more then 1600!
The "late model" engine and trans are worth well more then that if they are in good shape.
Is it titled? Is says replica so im guessing not.
Beware to whoever buys it!

I'm always suspicious of project cars and anything with a low price tag.

I think the cliche' "You get what you pay for" applies here. Pics are poor, but it looks like the body is constructed mostly of wood and some sheetmetal. (See title comment above ^^^) Some kind of IFS "clip" glued on, use your imagination from here.

$1600 gets you some parts, somewhat assembled in the form of a car. JMHO from what I can see.

All scams work on the premise of greed. Not saying it's a scam but at that price, it smells fishy. The chassis and drivetrain is worth a lot more than that unless it's a bunch of goofy hacked up work, and looking at the plywood and sticks the "replica" body is build from, it might be a gomer build. He doesn't even know what a coupe is.

Toad

i know im not the only one who carries personal protection.. and im not talking about contraceptives.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg