Deal of the century!!! It's Hemi power time!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

So I mentioned putting a Dodge 270 Hemi in the '31 Desoto. Its got the Red Ram balve covers and he says its a 331 but the numbers im researchig are coming back 270. Either way its a true Hemi. It's frešhly rebuilt with all new rebuilt parts. All it lacks is an intake, carb and headers. I originally thought he wanted $2,000 for it which is a steal to begin with, but what he actually sold it to me for is.... Drum roll please......

$750!!!!!!!

Woooohooooo! I'm so excited. Can't wait to get started on the build. This ones going to be a bad mutha!

Often when I sell a item the enthusiasm the buyer shows is the deciding factor.
More often than not the money I get will not make a lot of difference in my life. but to see that the item will be USED and ENJOYED is enough for me.:)

the Diesel powered truck pictured below was a very trying time for me when I built it. those of you who followed my build know. But the guy who bought it just loved it and he built the bed the way he wanted. I have gotten many calls from him how he loves the truck and so on and on..on..on. he has even come by my shop a few times to show it to me. This type of enthusiasm is worth more than money. So your deal may have came from the same idea.

Enjoy it and have fun.........Post pictures[cl

Attachments

• P5150224.JPG
    P5150224.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 30
  • P5150225.JPG
    P5150225.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 27
This guy is a personal mechanic for this millionaire guy. Anything he has sold me he said wasn't about the money but whether or not they would one day build it. This guy basically has his own car museum. The millionaire spends his time flying sick kids on his personal jet to and from hospitals. They are really good people and I'm glad I have gotten to know them.

It doesn't hurt to grease the wheels with some nice pin-up artwork too, haha. I may just keep it simple with a single 4 barrel to begin with... Then save up for a cool 2x4 or 3x2. Probably going to go with some lake-style headers with baffles. Of course we all know a lot can change throughout the build so we will see.

Sorry...I dont get the attraction.....Is it the look you are after?....Its 270 CI, less than a 283 or 289....at almost 2x the weight.....In stock form, the 283 or 289 will blow the doors off it......And, these intakes you are talking about are almost impossible to find.....

But you can say..."Its got a HEMI".......lol

Sorry...I dont get the attraction.....Is it the look you are after?....Its 270 CI, less than a 283 or 289....at almost 2x the weight.....In stock form, the 283 or 289 will blow the doors off it......And, these intakes you are talking about are almost impossible to find.....

But you can say..."Its got a HEMI".......lol

It's mostly the nostalgic look people are after. You don't use a vintage Hemi or a Ford flatty for the power. Like you I would rather have something that parts are a little more inexpensive and easier to find, as well as something that makes more power.

I'm glad you got a good deal Kelsey.

Yeah, it's mostly the vintage look I want not to mention I'm bored of seeing the same old SBC. I'm not building this for power. My whole intentions were to build something I can take the whole family out in. I just want something different and to keep this one going with the Mopar theme.

To be blunt I am not a boring guy and just want something different.

Seeing that I started all of this by nudging Kelsey in the hemi direction, then I better show you guys right where the bear sh## in the buckwheat.
The 270 will make both the 283 and the 289 sweat with nervousness out on the street, side by side.
The 270 is head and shoulders above the other two in COOL.
The 270 is also a way more Mopar than the other two.
The 270's only weak point is it is a little harder to get parts for, but they are tough engines. He probably won't need any parts for many a year.
I'm on your side Kelsey.

Here is a pic of the motor. I just got everything to my shop this morning. Hopefully the pic loads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back