1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed to get the body out of my temporary tent/garage before the weather gets too ugly, 'cause it has to come down while the car gets stored for the winter. So, it gets put on the frame for now. Still lots of stuff to work on though and seeing the bod on the frame is inspirational...:)

Attachments

• DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00521.jpg
    DSC00521.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC00524.jpg
    DSC00524.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 117
Naaa, go where it's warm.
That ole thing can wait for ya to get back.
Problem is, we will go crazy thinking about it :)

Warmth sounds good right now, first blast of Arctic air has hit, I hate to put away the flip flops....

Plugging away at little things that always take longer than expected, power steering hoses sorted out, rest of the engine plumbing,hoses, etc. done, mounted the rad support and rad, fan, shroud. Roller rockers installed and adjusted and the engine is primed with oil and timed, got the brakes bled today. Taking a week or so off for family stuff then I think I'll tackle the wiring to get most of it sorted out so that when the body work gets done next spring it will be quicker to finish off. I'd like to light the fire in the engine before Christmas, break in the cam and sort out any issues before the entire car goes together.

Attachments

• DSC00528.jpg
    DSC00528.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00530.jpg
    DSC00530.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 80
Warmth sounds good right now, first blast of Arctic air has hit, I hate to put away the flip flops....

I thought flip flops were good down to -10c for you guys up there? [cl

Car is coming out killer as usual...[P

Great vision...

This car could never be built by a shop with a bunch of guys. It would get changed over and over as each person would add their $0.02. The reason your cars are so great is because you are able to follow your perfect vision to a completed perect car! Carry on and great work Sir!

Yeah, you'd think so but I'm getting wimpy in my old age :eek:

Grandpa gave me a birthday card when I was around 12 yrs. old with "Dr. Irving Oyle's Secrets for Living" and an old photo of an old sage looking fellow on the front. Inside it said, "Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, and when nature calls, answer!" I would add to that "Work when you feel like it, and take a break or a day off whenever you want one!" :D

Grandpa gave me a birthday card when I was around 12 yrs. old with "Dr. Irving Oyle's Secrets for Living" and an old photo of an old sage looking fellow on the front. Inside it said, "Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, and when nature calls, answer!" I would add to that "Work when you feel like it, and take a break or a day off whenever you want one!" :D

Words to live by my friend [cl[cl

In those brown paper wrappers are the rechromed bumpers - always more $$$ than I expect but they are very nice :). It's all about the labour and they were pitted and rough besides being made of spring steel.
So to save some bucks, I decided to do the polishing of the stainless parts myself. Starting with the lake pipes, shining up the parts that are exposed out of the hood sides.

Attachments

• DSC00538.jpg
    DSC00538.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00536.jpg
    DSC00536.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00541.jpg
    DSC00541.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00542x.jpg
    DSC00542x.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 106
Ahh yes, fun with wires :rolleyes:. Doing the majority of the wiring now, then I'll remove it again to do the bodywork. I'm using an American Autowire kit, 3rd time using theirs, a very complete quality kit with decent instructions that even a noob should be able to install...:)

Attachments

• DSC00545.jpg
    DSC00545.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00547.jpg
    DSC00547.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00548.jpg
    DSC00548.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00550.jpg
    DSC00550.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 195
Ah ZZ, I am living, talking proof that you give guys balls to do 'outside the box' tin work. I'll go one step further and say that "I may have rushed in where angels fear to tread".
But eventually I'll have some nice '34 coupe doors. Thank you ZZ.

Doing the majority of the wiring now, then I'll remove it again to do the bodywork.
OK, I'll stick a toe in the water here.
Ya know there's always one student in the class that has to ask the dumb questions :(
Are you going this route to have something to do since the body work won't be until spring and you're not ready to migrate south yet or, is there a plan as to why you're doing this twice :confused:

Oh yea, what part of wiring require a torch :)
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back