Mopar coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
Hi there. I have a muscle car right near my current build. It's a Dodge Super Bee, 383 magnum, four speed. That's the good news. It's got about 180,000 hard miles on it, and I left it outside for almost 38 years. I courted a few girls in it and one of them became my wife. Muscle cars sort of work in that area but I think some personal charm would have helped me more.
I've got a lot of the running gear fixed up but the tin is getting pretty bad. In the first pic the Super Bee is in the background. L.B.

Attachments

• Ranger chassis black.jpg
    Ranger chassis black.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 159
  • SuperBee right side.jpg
    SuperBee right side.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 178
nice! my old man is in the process of restoring a 69 Bee himself (had he not started helping me with my 52...oops) making an A12 clone out of his

Hi, I forgot to mention that mine is a '68 and a coupe. After I get it running I'm giving the car to my oldest daughter because she says she was conceived in the darn thing, how silly is that? 52Pikup,try running that story past your old man and see if he stutters a bit and gives you his car, just to shut you up. Keep on tinkering. L.B.

Hi moparcowboy,
The only update I can give is that I've walked by it quite a bit. My plan is to work on the Super Bee and the '34 Dodge Bros right beside it at the same time starting this fall, as soon as my '36 Ford is done. This is breaking my own rule of 'do one thing at a time' but I gotta get going here. I'll be about 140 years old when I finish all my dreams. To complicate my life a Mopar guy came along last fall and wanted to trade me a '32 Plymouth coupe for a Dart body that I have. [dr[dr I acted cool :cool: and said I guess so, only to give my pants time to dry. The guy went away and I haven't seen him since.

52Pikup,try running that story past your old man and see if he stutters a bit and gives you his car, just to shut you up. Keep on tinkering. L.B.

lol, dont care to ask or know for that matter, but he got the bee oh i'd say 8-10yrs ago? so I dont think that woulda been possible (i'm 23, haha)

I completly understand were your coming from-I owned a 32 Ply. PB rumble seat coupe for 35 years kept walking by it wanting to build it, always other projects then one day I had a weak moment and was offered to much for it and I let it go. Next day I was ****ed at my self. 2 years ago I got a call from a guy with a 28 ply coupe and two 31 - PA coupes- iwalked away the owner- my brother took the 28 and a 31- its not a 32 PB but- now I'm working on my 1966 Charger 383 , 4 speed, and the 31 well It's killing me but got to finish my 66 first. :rolleyes: I feel your pain

Hi moparcowboy, thank you for the sympathy. It's not that I really need another project, it's that it was a '32 Plymouth coupe.... I don't even know if it's a PA or a PB.
As to the SuperBee, I still have the original motor although it was getting embarrassing to drive. It's in a shed, but I will take it to town soon and beg them to fix it up. The motor that is in the car now is stuck from sitting all those years, but you know, If I unstick it, it would look nice in a '32 coupe.

Thanks for the last two pics moparcowboy. I googled the '32's and tried to figure out the differences in a PA or a PB. The PA has the 'cats eye' back window, standard doors and the four cylinder hood, right? The PB has the rectangular back window, suicide doors and the six cylinder hood.
Boy, I've just gotta re-motivate that illusive mopar fan into getting on that '32 for me. [cl I need this car.[dr

32 Pb were built for only 6 mo. they had a 4 banger in them they built 32 PA for first 6 mo of year differant body
both had suidcide doors
in 1933 they changed the body and added a 6, was also a 5 window coupe unlike the 31- 32 that were 3 window coupes

PB hood is longer and goes to the windshield, it has two cowl vents which are about 5" X 7" in size.
PA has no vent in top of cowl
fenders are differant also

Latest posts

Back