Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Grand father lost a leg in his 60s. It was never comfortable for him to wear his fake one. One of my cousins was just a toddler at the time. One day we were all at Gramps house and his leg was off and on the floor and not near him . My cousin took a double take and a triple and a few more looks back and forth knowing some thing wasn't right but too little and I think confused to ask. Us bigger kids couldn't stop laughing. Neither could Gramp. I also had a friend that lost a leg at an early age and you would never know to see him walk. A bunch of us went on a motor cycle/camping trip. He had to explain to some of us drunks before the guys he was sharing a tent with to not freak out when he took it off before bed. There were some strange looks. Life is what you make of it, He just treated it he had one shoe that was a lot bigger than the other.

Lol.
People can get kind of weird when they see a fake limb.
Kids are endlessly fascinated by them. When ever I go out in shorts, which is about 90 percent of the time, little kids are always staring at me. I have at times waved them over to explain to them what they are looking at. The patents are always appreciative of me explaining things.
Now for adults......
One time I was coming out of a big box retailer . While heading across the mostly deserted parking lot my fake leg snapped right off.
Down I went. A Good Samaritan stopped and asked if I needed help to which I replied. “ Thanks. Could you go over there and grab my leg.” He looked at me. Then the leg lying in the parking lot and turned and headed to his car.
I don’t know if he thought it was a prank or what.
My wife got a shopping cart and I used that to stand up and as a walker.
Some times I have a spare leg. Others i don’t. No spare leg right now.
It’s a great life if you don’t weaken....
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie
I once had a co-worker that had a removable leg. He was working on the roof of an outhouse in a BLM camp site, when it decided to detach and fall off the roof. We had a good laugh and got him back together, and back to work. He didn't let it slow him down much either. [cl

I’ve been awol.
My computer died and I’m trying this post using my phone.😳
More floor work.
Framing in the seating area done.
Sheet metal cut out.
Moving into the trunk area next.
I had to do a Bad Chad on this and cut it on the floor.
Which meant I had to get down on the floor. Oy......
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 19684554-111D-4F9D-A87C-B0045A07A80B.jpg
    19684554-111D-4F9D-A87C-B0045A07A80B.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 9330C141-D11F-41AB-A1B7-F5973F0A4168.jpg
    9330C141-D11F-41AB-A1B7-F5973F0A4168.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 21
  • F1034240-6E2A-4185-8841-A8CF02EB25D1.jpg
    F1034240-6E2A-4185-8841-A8CF02EB25D1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 9E53FD38-E875-479A-8F53-0A35FBD4E460.jpg
    9E53FD38-E875-479A-8F53-0A35FBD4E460.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
It's been a while since my last post.
And I'm sure you have all grown tired of reading about my health issues. Hell. I am.......
It would seem that perhaps in regards to my health, the other shoe has dropped.
Spent all of last Saturday in the ER after I sort of passed out. I took an epic tumble. No injuries. ThankfullyI was able to control the fall (somewhat.)
Had on a heart monitor and am awaiting the results of that. This is all after 2 weeks of trying to get in for tests.
It seems that despite the pacemaker my heart is out of sync again. Even more so this time.
And of course being the week of Christmas doesn't help as everyone is backed up seeing patients.
So for right now I sit and wait. And take a lot of cat naps.
All of you keep building out there as I will look in when I can.
Keep on keeping on.........
Torchie

I noticed you and Dozer have not been active lately. He posted today too.

I don't like this report. You get better now. You hear? Please.

Torchie: Sorry to hear bout the health issues. Take your time and get some rest. We need you around here. Your skills, knowledge, experience and fortitude. are an inspiration to a lot of us here. Get well soon.

Good vibes your way. I'm sitting at home doing nothing myself, got the damn pneumonia again. Sucks when you can't hardly breath. We'll all get through this, one day at a time!

Take care Torchie, as already mentioned you are needed around here. I hear ya on seeing the Docs, I have yet to have any of the tests they want done. The first on isn't till the 30th and they stretch on till late March with the follow up visits into August

Thinking about you Torchie. My PM is under review again as well. Right now I'm on a two wire, and they are debating going to a three? Hopefully they can get you straightened out, in the mean time don't push yourself.

Torchie, R & R is good!! Take your time, it will all get done when it gets done. :D
Take care all who are a little the weather :D and everyone have a Great Holidays [cl

Thanks all.
Still here doing the best I can.
This was dropped off to me today.
Front seat from a 49 Dodge Wayfarer. 2 door so it's got the tilt forward backs on it.
Despite the way it looks it's in decent shape and all there. Plus Mother nature took care of cleaning off most of the upholstery.
This came from my local yard.
Not much but it's something.
Keep on keeping on.........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_3783.jpg
    IMG_3783.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3784.jpg
    IMG_3784.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3785.jpg