Screwed Up ... Need a new Supplier

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couper

RRR Supportor
Hey Guys....

As you may know I ordered a front end kit from speedway. Wanted a 4" drop I-Beam and by mistake ordered a tube job. I want that old I-Beam look. Good thing is they will take it all back with return tags for 10.00 or so a box.

Bad thing is they are out of stock on all I-Beams. Snooping around on HAMB I see there are some vendors I should stay away from....Hoffman and another that I can't remember. Before I start making calls to a shody vendor can you guys recommend which mfr / vendor?

I'll need a 4" drop kit with disc brakes. One of the things that struck me was the speedway stuff has a car weight limit of 2500# which I thought left very little room for error....do they all have that limit?

Thanks much
Couper

That's pretty light! The Nuttin Special only weighs 2500 lbs with me in it and full tanks. Nothing to do with speedway, it's on a mid 60s Ford front axle.

That's pretty light! The Nuttin Special only weighs 2500 lbs with me in it and full tanks. Nothing to do with speedway, it's on a mid 60s Ford front axle.

I'm expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 to 2,400 lbs for my Model A Roadster Pickup. Since a stock Model A Roadster Pickup is about 2,000 lbs, I should be close. Put 250-300 hp in it, and it should be mighty fun!

Latest posts

Back