My driver - gettin' some updates!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I do have a real car, er... truck, but this is the car I drive every day unless it's really rainin' like a dog! 450 HP SBC, built 700R4, Global West suspension, Ididit steering column, 3.73:1 posi, Hydroboost braking system, 18" front wheels, 20" rears, no A/C, ghost flames.

BoB

Attachments

• beechchev.jpg
    beechchev.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 224
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 185
  • beechrear.jpg
    beechrear.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 97
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 167
Nice driver Bob. How do you like that Wilwwod master cylinder? I'm thinking about using one of those. I've been happy with the other Wilwood stuff I've used but haven't tried one of their new style master cylinders.

I love good brakes!

Nice driver Bob. How do you like that Wilwwod master cylinder? I'm thinking about using one of those. I've been happy with the other Wilwood stuff I've used but haven't tried one of their new style master cylinders.

Gastrick,
I run such a high profile cam I had no vacuum = no brakes. Luckily my car had power steering & I installed a Hydroboost braking system with the Wilwood MC & it is absolutely incredible. I nearly hit a couple of cars & I knew I had to do something. It's different if u just drive a car occasionally with lousy brakes but I've put nearly 8K miles on my Chevelle since Jan 1 so is a relief to know I can really stop if some moron pulls out in front of me!

BoB

Attachments

• turboboost.jpg
    turboboost.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 105
Oh no... I must b a chainer!

and here all this time i thought you just liked rusty cars.

Ok, I confess... I mite b a chainer! ; - >>> Looks like I 4got 2 post my door handles...

Wiseguy said I "killed the billet" on this car! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• doorhandles.jpg
    doorhandles.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
chainer cars

I thought I would show my chainer side on your thread, cause I 'm sure not going to start my own. My two stangs and the Bonehead truck.

The 69 has a clevland. The 65 is a Winsor. The 65 was a 4 bolt 6cyl. car but all that has been changed, cause I just can't leave well enough alone.

Attachments

• 3 cars.jpg
    3 cars.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
Nice rides guys. See, that proves it. A person CAN like some cars that are all pretty painted and shiny, and still like rat rods too. I'm the same way, I like some of them, like my T, to be finished, and some, like my '39 Dodge, to be more basic.

Just as sometimes I want to go out for a great dinner at a fancy restaurant, and sometimes I sit at my cardboard box table at the shop and eat takeout or McDonalds. :D :D :D :D

Don

Attachments

• t installing parts on frame 001.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 135
Nice rides guys. See, that proves it. A person CAN like some cars that are all pretty painted and shiny, and still like rat rods too. I'm the same way, I like some of them, like my T, to be finished, and some, like my '39 Dodge, to be more basic.

Just as sometimes I want to go out for a great dinner at a fancy restaurant, and sometimes I sit at my cardboard box table at the shop and eat takeout or McDonalds. :D

Don

Ay least you used a fancy table cloth Don. That's real class right there. You just can't buy that. :D

Ahh, gotcha. I'm perhaps a half chainer then. I know almost nothing, but willing to learn, as I grew up blue collar. Can't help it I got hooked on 'puters when I was a kid and turned out white collar. Of course, I don't have quite that much scratch to just throw away on something prebuilt either, so maybe I'm a copper chainer. :)

Ringer!!! ; - >

Ahh, gotcha. I'm perhaps a half chainer then. I know almost nothing, but willing to learn, as I grew up blue collar. Can't help it I got hooked on 'puters when I was a kid and turned out white collar. Of course, I don't have quite that much scratch to just throw away on something prebuilt either, so maybe I'm a copper chainer. :)

I'm not a chainer... I'm a ringer!!! I don't dig chains... I dig rings!!! ; - >

BoB

Gray beard!

It's true alright. Here's a pic of Tripper taken during a fuel stop of last years Power Tour :D

Gastrick,
No, that was just a promo shot for power tour... that shot was many years ago in my rapper days B4 rev grimm swiped all my chains & my beard turned gray!!! Plus... this was B4 I got diamonds in my pinky ring!!! ; - > ; - > ; - >

BoB <------ gray beard now!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back