Ford FE Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce R

Got a 352, when tearing it down I noticed there was no plate between the block and the manual bell housing, behind the flywheel. I remember that small blocks have it, but I never worked on an FE. Is there supposed to be one there ???

My 70 ford fe 4 speed didnt have one. Could have been removed by someone else before i got it. My 66 galaxie was 352 automatic and im sure it had the plate. Automatic and standard might be different.

I always like to shout out loud and wave my arms when Dr. Crank tells it like it isn't.------- Once again I'm left speechless, as the good Dr. is right this time too.
I checked one of my FE's on a standard transmission, and it has the tin plate between the block and the belhousing. It's too dang wintery out to check the other FE and standard that I have.
So you listen to Dr. Crankenstein.

The plate locates the starter. I've had engines without it that worked fine, but it's probably better with it since it takes the load off the bolts and puts it on the nose ring.

Latest posts

Back