My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife said take it off and never put it back on, it's too dangerous.

Speaking of dangerous... many years ago, I lost my wedding ring at a race track. I figured it came loose while "thrashing" to make the next round but I didn't notice it missing 'til day's end... we scoured our pit to no avail... countless bottle caps but no ring. When I got home, Mrs. Cranky was NOT impressed, nor did she care for my story!

Sorry to sidetrack your thread, BoB. :eek:

I also hate gloves... aside from HOT and HEAVY work, I like TIG gloves like Old Iron said.

Looking forward to your finished chop, it's lookin' good so far!

Have top about 3/4 welded back on. Doors next but they're gonna need a lil more massaging! [;)

BoB

Attachments

• chop.jpg
    chop.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 68
Your making that look real easy.

It's so much easier when everything is straight up & down!

I was just going to say the same thing. Is the front going to line up as nice as that too?

It lined up perfectly! The only thing I was concerned about was around the back... there is a slight curve on the rear window panel & I thought I might have to make relief cuts but I chose a spot that looked like it was right in the middle & it all worked without relief cuts... thank goodness!

Stand back boys and girls while the boss shows us how....lookin real good trip![cl

Yeah right!

About 95% done putting the top back on. Also here's what I prefer doing on chops... I take the part that was chopped out (4"), cut it in half & use it on the inside of the cab. That does two things... it helps with burn through problems & I also like welding that strip on the inside to strengthen the chop. I don't plan on trying a barrel roll but it adds a lil peace of mind that the top would actually stay on in an accident or something!

BoB

Attachments

• backon.jpg
    backon.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 4inches.jpg
    4inches.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 52
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 62
I've got a '34 Hudson I'd like to chop 4", do the rust repair and make a right rear door for. Since you are bout done with that one could you help a brother out?

Oh by the way there ain't nothing straight up and down or any other way on it.

The little '28 Hoopty is looking good. If you loose interest in it I'll double your money for it. I have a Mopar drive train that needs a home.

The little '28 Hoopty is looking good. If you loose interest in it I'll double your money for it. I have a Mopar drive train that needs a home.

Thanks Pops but coupes are like hens teeth in these parts & especially 5-windows. I'd been looking for quite some time when I found this 3-window. I mentioned I was looking for one to Mrs Tripper's cousin at a family reunion several years back & lo & behold he called me 2 weeks later about one a few miles from my house... I snapped it up immediately. Just now getting around to it but pledged to myself I'd keep on it especially after I lost several close friends in 2016 & I ain't gettin' any younger my own self! Hoping this will be my shortest build yet! :eek:

BoB

Moving right along! Smoothing all my work out & took the bracing I put in to keep the top in sq. Fixing to mock up the frame shortly! [;)

It'll be a lil while B4 I can wear my wedding ring again! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• topwork.jpg
    topwork.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 116
  • finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 120
Now that the truck is gone I started mocking up the coupe build in earnest. I'll drag the engine/tranny/front end over shortly! :D

BoB

Attachments

• mocked.JPG
    mocked.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back