The Daytripper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Here's photos my stupid ratty '31 Ford slightly chopped sedan I call the Daytripper... now effectively a roadster!

Body: 1931 Ford 2-door sedan / chopped 13”
Frame: Boxed, Z’d & extended 1931 Ford
Front Grill Shell: 1929 Ford
Engine: Chevy 350 junk yard motor / 305 heads
Tranny: GM Turbo 350
Air Cleaner: Skull made from 1930’s GM headlight shell
Shifter: Old style Lokar / Grenade handle
Exhaust: Garage Rats organ pipe zoomers
Radiator: 1956 Chevy truck
Front suspension: TCI / Super Bell 4” dropped I-beam
Rear Suspension: 4-link / airbags
Rear end: 8.8” posi from 1997 Crown Vic Police car
Headlights: 1929 Chevy
Rear blinkers: Farm tractor
3rd brake light: School bus
Skulls & crosswrenches: Mandatory
Wiring: Ron Francis Bare Bonz kit
Brakes: Front & rear disc’s
Master cylinder: Speedway
Steering Box: Vega
Steering: Speedway
Gas tank: Speedway / spun aluminum
Skull gas Cap: JP cycles
Seats: Tractor replacement seats
Front Wheels: Radir knock-offs
Rear Wheels: Vintage Wheels dual bolt
Front Tires: 14X5’s
Rear Tires: Firestone cheater slicks
Stereo/AC/Gauges/Wipers/Paint/Mufflers: Get real!!!

Car is driven quite a lot on nice days and...
Titled, licensed & insured as 1931 Ford Sedan

BoB

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 222
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 346
  • rearshot.jpg
    rearshot.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 207
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 224
  • filterskull.jpg
    filterskull.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
More fotos

More.........

Attachments

• zoomers.jpg
    zoomers.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 93
  • goodgrill.jpg
    goodgrill.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 94
  • pabst.jpg
    pabst.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 105
  • rearseats?.jpg
    rearseats?.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 150
  • rearvert.jpg
    rearvert.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 99
More.......

Some more............

Attachments

• shift2.jpg
    shift2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 127
  • tripshift.jpg
    tripshift.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 165
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Sign!

Here's the sign I made for my car out of an old muffler I had sittin' around the garage...

BoB

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 206
I've seen pictures of your rod before, and never put two and two together to know it was yours. I love it, especially the chop. Who would have ever thought of doing it that way to create a really different roadster? Cool. :D :D

How do those Firestones hold up on the rear? I am running the same ones, and wonder how they hold up milage wise. At $ 250 + per tire I don't want to wear them out too fast. :eek:

Don

Blessing / Curse!!!

I've seen pictures of your rod before, and never put two and two together to know it was yours. I love it, especially the chop. Who would have ever thought of doing it that way to create a really different roadster? Cool. :D :D

Roadsters... sometimes they're a blessing... sometimes they're a curse! ; - >

How do those Firestones hold up on the rear? I am running the same ones, and wonder how they hold up milage wise. At $ 250 + per tire I don't want to wear them out too fast. :eek:

Don

Don,
Mine have held up pretty well. I don't really put that many miles on this car, I drive it probably 200-400 miles a month. It has a stock motor & will burn the tires but I rarely do it. The funny part is when u lay rubber... the strips it leaves are the small inside tread, not the whole tire. It looks really funny, like a bike burnout! ; - >

BoB

Thanks!

Still love that ride of yours! Super.

Bonehead,
Thanks! I'll be posting the build of my '41 Ford PU later & I can't wait to use my awesome *original* Bonehead cow skull shift knob!!!

BoB

Attachments

• longhorn.jpg
    longhorn.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 35
that thing is slick day tripper. i can't wait until i have time to build an old roadster. oh yeah, the air cleaner is top notch!

Nice when finished!

that thing is slick day tripper. i can't wait until i have time to build an old roadster. oh yeah, the air cleaner is top notch!

Halford,
Thanks! I drive it quite a lot & people r always commenting on it! My favorite is... "Man... that thing is gonna b really nice when u're finished with it"! Don't have the heart to tell 'um...

BoB

Hey Tripper,
Paint some kind of shop logo on the door.....

"IT IZ FINISHD" custom cars and rust buckets...That way you won't have to tell them....

Rust happens!!!

Hey Tripper,
Paint some kind of shop logo on the door.....

"IT IZ FINISHD" custom cars and rust buckets...That way you won't have to tell them....

I like it!!! That *is* a good 1. I've often wanted 2 draw something on it... a sign or flames in colored chalk for fun. But I've always been afraid it might rust when I wash that off! ; - >

BoB

ive gota say i can t get enough of the wrech front end of your car. 2 thumbs up. and is the rust on your frame and other componets all "stock" per say or added. couldnt help form think that it looked like some salt and a spayer was used to get the patina which it looks cool just somthing kinda cought my eye.

ive gota say i can t get enough of the wrech front end of your car. 2 thumbs up. and is the rust on your frame and other componets all "stock" per say or added. couldnt help form think that it looked like some salt and a spayer was used to get the patina which it looks cool just somthing kinda cought my eye.

Coffin,
Thanks! That is a new Speedway front end that I left out in my driveway for several months to rust up!

BoB

Latest posts

Back