T5 Bellhousing help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Az33

I've got a V8 WC T5 going behind a crate 350. Need a bell housing that eliminates the tilt the trans had in the corvette. Read something before about old truck ones working. Anyone know for sure what will work? Going with mechanical clutch.
Thanks

Last edited:
I've got a V8 WC T5 going behind a crate 350. Need a bell housing that eliminates the tilt the trans had in the corvette. Read something before about old truck ones working. Anyone know for sure what will work? Going with mechanical clutch.
Thanks

If I'm not mistaken your T-5 has a longer input shaft than the old 4-spds., they sell a 3/4 inch spacer for this. As for getting rid of that 17 degree tilt, don't know. Bend your shifter ? I put a T-5 on a 62 Buick motor by cutting 3/8 ths. off the end of the input shaft and 3/4 inch off the throwout bearing tube, also, I had to use the long throw out bearing from a 64 chevy truck. Hope this helps !

tilt on trans

if their is enough metal as in thickness have a machine shop mill to level or what you want. not sure how thick 17 degree is

17 degree shifter

if their is enough metal as in thickness have a machine shop mill to level or what you want. not sure how thick 17 degree is

They're jacked over pretty good, I put one from a Trans-Am in my S-10 , I just heated the shifter shaft and bent it to suit me.

T5 was never in a corvette. Firebird and camaro yes. Also S10 but they are different than the others.

To use a mechanical clutch you need an early F Body bell housing (84-84 camaro) after that they were hydraulic slave.

The Ford T5 has more lean angle than the chevy units an I think they were the 17 degree ones. Chevy were like 10-12 degree lean. You really don't notice the lean on the chevy ones once they are in the car. Hope this helps.

So I ended up using an S10 tailshaft to relocate the shifter which also eliminated the angled mounts. All I need to do now it alter the shifter (which is still angled) to suit my needs once installed.
Found a mechanical chevy bell housing that works, but can't remember off hand what it was from. Just hoping i have room to mount some kind of fork actuating mechanism...

I have a f-body t-5 and the shifter is straight up and down, the mount isn't but I made a crossover for that, don't matter to me

Latest posts

Back