fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go kart racers have done that for years,manually,on the intake and exhaust.
Formula 1 did it,on the intake,with computer controls.

My Fantasy would be to have a brass flyball governor that changed the length of telescopic velocity stacks

Disc1_012PAsNewRatNearMarkMartin-2.jpg

Anybody ever seen one of these before ? it`s a French aftermarket steering wheel and column ( Quillery) the guy thought it came off of a 50`s citroen , scored it off ebay for $12 , I thought it was bizarre looking , gonna have the column chromed and maybe a green flake paint job on the wheel

Attachments

• cd2c_1 (Medium).jpg
    cd2c_1 (Medium).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 388
Anybody ever seen one of these before ? it`s a French aftermarket steering wheel and column ( Quillery) the guy thought it came off of a 50`s citroen , scored it off ebay for $12 , I thought it was bizarre looking , gonna have the column chromed and maybe a green flake paint job on the wheel

Yeah, I know the Citroen DS came with those steering wheels. Not sure about other models. Quite funky looking.

Joe's thread has me thinking how much i love to see new ideas
and innovation. Have a few pix from the web and if anyone else
has some to add please do.

141509552-M-1-1.jpg

DSC02695-1.jpg

Can anybody tell me any thing about this awesome Caddy?

Yea, I'm the one you were bidding against for the Citroen wheel! I thought the same thing - that's a bad ass wheel for the money. Congrats - damn it!! :mad:

Thunder1

Okay you comedians. The part itself came from a P-47 Thunderbolt aircraft. In this car, it is used for the choke, ignition, and start functions. The car (Backseat Betty) was built by Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle. Here's a better pic of just the assembly.

The aircraft parts really make this car. I was so inspired I picked up a recognition light control panel like the one in the picture from a guy in Cali. for $50.00. I'll have to rewire it to work with a 12 volt system but that shouldn't be too complicated, - I hope not anyway!! :D I'll use it for the headlights, ignition, and well, I'll find something for the third & fourth switch to do.

Thunder1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back