My first rat build........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love those small journal 327s, also 283s. The best car I ever owned was a 59 Belair with a 283. I could have a pile of 4 bolt 350s for free but every one of them has the tranny smoked. Same with Ford windsors, pass on a lot of free running ones. Mostly because I don't need another engine and have no good place to store them. I would make room if someone gave me a 283 or 327. I wouldn't run anything but a 350 cheby in a roundy round dirt car.
bob w, I wish I was more secure that way, I tend to want every part of my builds to be appealing. Then I wouldn't spend multiple hours cutting something back apart because it was an inch too high and didn't look quite right to me (or maybe someone else).

I wished I would come across a pile of 350's for free!!! :D I spend a lot of time on my hot rod too and just because a 350 sbc isn't appealing to you doesn't mean its not to others. One thing I like about the 350's is when I take it on a long trip and I'm out in bfe if something breaks any little ma and pop parts store has most anything you would need to fix a sbc!

I wished I would come across a pile of 350's for free!!! :D I spend a lot of time on my hot rod too and just because a 350 sbc isn't appealing to you doesn't mean its not to others. One thing I like about the 350's is when I take it on a long trip and I'm out in bfe if something breaks any little ma and pop parts store has most anything you would need to fix a sbc!

How true, my 67 Chevy pickup puked a fuel pump in Rufus Oregon once and the only fuel pump in town was for a sbc. Nowdays sbf engines are just as common too. I wouldn't run anything but a 350 in my circle track cars.
327s are cool because they all have steel cranks, small journals (less bearing speed) and they will wind forever. There was a large journal 327 around 67-68 after the 350s came out.
I used to run around in a 62 Vette with the 340 horse 327. That old 3030 Duntov didn't even start pulling until well past 4000 and would pull like a horse to almost 7000. Another good buddy got a new 70 1/2 Z28 RS for graduation and I loved that LT1. I would trade every car I own for that canary yellow 350 powered cheby. It was the only Chevy in town my 64 Cutlass couldn't beat, it wasn't even close,lol.

Maybe I can get you up a load of those 4 bolt 350s. there are gobs of old run out, rusted out, ranched out 4x4s with bad trannys. I think my nephew has 3 suburbans sitting and I know of another one that is waiting to be crushed. Another friend has 3 or 4 old 4x4s sitting around for parts that all have 350s. Maybe even a small block 400 or two in the mix.
Oh, I forgot, I do have a vortec laying out by the coral, left over from parting out a suburban.

My 48 International K-B-2

feb4ebay 005.jpg This is my project.

feb4ebay 002.jpg

feb4ebay 006.jpg

feb4ebay 034.jpg

My 48 International K-B-2

This is my 48 International K-B-2 . Runs good got it from original owner son. I found a original bed as a trailer near our rental house for free minus rear fenders. I am redoing the floor of the cab and rewireing it. I will be doimg the brakes soon.The parts that i did not use i sold on Ebay to fiance the truck. I plan on useing it for my business of poison ivy removal. In have a 52 Chevy ratrod andar building a 47 3/4ton Chevy. It is about 90% done as i write this.

Good to hear. I'm in the same boat. Just been collecting parts so I have everything needed to get the motor and trans mounted in.

***Update***
Due to some unforeseen financial problems I had to sell the International. I only sold the cab and bed so hopefully I will be starting a new project before to long!

Wow! That sucks. Not what I was hoping to read. I loved the cab. I wish I had the confidence to chop my top the way you had yours. Hopefully the finacial troubles are behind you and you can start another project.
Is your plan to just drop another cab/car on the chassis from the Harvester project? Or will you start over?

Latest posts

Back