My first rat build........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little here and there nothing picture worthy, been really hot and can't seem to keep myself in the shop for very long at a time! I've been trying to get the wifes camaro done too!

I know what you mean about the heat in the shop. We don't even go there until late in the afternoon and it doesn't get bearable until midnight or later. Hottest Summer I can remember. :eek:

Don

At least you are in a shop in the shade!!!! I'm outside in the Sacramento summer sun. Not that I'm making much progress ; )
I'm still just tearing mine down to the frame and stripping down to bare metal so I can prime it. But, when ever I get something done that I can see, I get inspired. I'm sure enjoying this. Just wish I had more $$$ to speed up my progress.

Been body working the cab, got all the pieces of my frame cut so I'll be welding that up soon! Also got my seat built and upholstered. So the project is moving forward just not too fast! however when the weather starts to cool off it'll start moving along quicker!

I see why you liked my truck so much. Great minds think alike!!! Love your truck too! I see your in Ark City KS? great. That means we'll run into each other some where along the road to come. I'm 6'4" too. What's up with us tall guys and these itsy bitsy trucks? Cant wait to see what you do with the rest of it. Good luck, Great job!

Got a bit more done today. The chop is finished except for a little welding inside the cab. I started filling holes in the firewall and decided that I didn't care for the lip on the firewall so I cut it off!! What do you guys think?

I like that...makes it look a little cleaner

I see why you liked my truck so much. Great minds think alike!!! Love your truck too! I see your in Ark City KS? great. That means we'll run into each other some where along the road to come. I'm 6'4" too. What's up with us tall guys and these itsy bitsy trucks? Cant wait to see what you do with the rest of it. Good luck, Great job!

I hope to see your truck in person someday! Its inspired some of my work. This weekend is the local car show "the last run" hoping to see a lot of rat rods there this year! Maybe it'll get me off my arse and get me back on mine!

Well gotta tuff decision to make, my cousin has a 27 t coupe for sale and I would like to have it! Been wanting a coupe for awhile now but in order to buy it I would need to sell the IH for the room and funds as well! What to do... [S

You already started the Harvester. Don't you want to see your vision complete? Plus the Harvester is rare. Never see em'. I say finish the rat truck. Please......

choice

Welllll, I say either one will be WOW! You got some sheet metal skills Sir, wish I had some! I have a '29 Essex RS Coupe (body only) and it has been a lot of work. BUT, this is my first attempt and money doesn't come easy. Been three years or better now! I have a build thread on CHR if you are interested. I love the looks of your IH after all the work you have done on it. Very talented. Perley [cl

:eek: NOOOOOOOO!!! Dont sell yer IH! That thing is to kool to sell. Figure a way to get both but try n keep it. RR

Latest posts

Back