What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys. Feels good to be doing that stuff again. Finally got over my last battle with my PTSD. took almost a year but now I will be working to get my projects done.

Oh One more thing I got done. I pick up a new airbruch. I think my X Girlfriend took my old one. Had to do the tank with my touch up gun.

i have been working on the house. working to get the reminance of the ex-wife out of it (only one thing left from when she was here and it is a nice china cabinet that i am going to strip and restain).

Congratulations on your newfound freedom. [cl Life becomes SO easy once they split. :D

Don

ValveSpring004.jpg

Went to an All Chevy show and parked the Anglia in the spectator lot. When I started it to leave it ran rough and there was some valve noise. Pulled this "3 piece" spring and bent pushrod out of it.:eek: World heads with 2,000 miles. Never been over 3,500 rpm. Very small cam.
Went for a ride in my friend's Stude, known as "Tator" Did a 15 mph to 100 mph blast in a 40 mph zone. Saturday he ran 10.20's @ 131 mph at the strip.
Finally got the HAMB dragster all buttoned up and made a couple driveway runs with it.

Nice work on the tank HOT40ROD.[cl

I'm still living with my first wife, 47 years. It ain't always easy.:rolleyes:

Sliding rear window with new rubber seal...and it was a PITA to install. Shouldn't have been but I tried to follow the generic instructions were it said to install from the outside in. It fought back for 4 hours.
Then I said to myself: Self, let's try it from the inside out...hour later it was in. [cl

Attachments

• GEDC0166.jpg
    GEDC0166.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
Stained, varnished and painted deck plywood for the dragster trailer. Reinforced the ramps too.
Helped a neighbor with his '67 Camaro 'vert. A rocker stud pulled.
Sat around with some car buddies Sunday morning and solved all the world's problems.
Since I haven't been able to eat since Sat, night, in preparation for a med. test, I've spent a lot of time thinking about food, and how much I miss it.

8/1

Finished outlining the flames with blue and cleared the Honda chopper tank, Started mounting the rear fender building a pan for under the seat to mount all the electrical stuff on.

Got a lot more cab parts primed on my Sons 30 rpu. Over the past few weekends we have gotten the main part of the cab done, then the back portion and cowl top, and yesterday we got the doors done. Now we can move on to getting started priming the bed. Sure is nice to not have to worry about surface rust starting from humidity or touching the parts.

Don
Here is the main part of the cab primed......

dansrpupriming3.jpg

The next weekend we got the back portion, cowl top, and dash primed.....

dansrpumorepriming.jpg

dansrpumorepriming2.jpg

And we also got some chrome parts back from the plater.........

dansrpuchrome5.jpg

dansrpuchrome3.jpg

looks good, don!

i hafta work weekends :D, but i'm headin to the shop this am...maybe get back on the lil tractor project....if i'm lucky[cl

I was really bad but good at the same time, I dug my roundy round stock car out of the garage and made some left turns with her, I have never driven on pavement so it was a treat for sure. I loved every minute of it, No more dirt for this guy. I love the sounds and smells of burning rubber. Kinda like a video game except you can feel it and smell it too...life is good, God is good...cant wait for this friday to come...:)

Got the 46 Ford snowblower ready for pick up. Sold it to a guy in Casper, WY. Truck is supposed to be here this week to pick it up. Got the 69 Bronco cleaned up and listed for sale in Auto Trader Classic.

Got a lot more cab parts primed on my Sons 30 rpu. Over the past few weekends we have gotten the main part of the cab done, then the back portion and cowl top, and yesterday we got the doors done. Now we can move on to getting started priming the bed. Sure is nice to not have to worry about surface rust starting from humidity or touching the parts.

Don
Here is the main part of the cab primed......

The next weekend we got the back portion, cowl top, and dash primed.....
And we also got some chrome parts back from the plater.........
Very Nice, Don! [cl

I worked on my wife's place in Galveston then came back & got my alternator hooked up... fanbelt & all. The thing that amazes me about building a car is sometimes the smallest thing can hold up the process. I needed a certain bolt & that became an issue. Then the fanbelt suggested by the people I bought the alternator bracket did not work... 3 trips to the auto parts store. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever finish! [S[S[S

BoB

My nails needed a little trimming so after a few beers I went to town. Worked great! :eek:

Beercan

Attachments

• nails.jpg
    nails.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back