What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went shoe shopping and then went to the Daughter Daddy dance with my 10 yr old daughter. It was put on to benefit the local PD. Then on sunday I taught her and her friend how to shoot the .22 that me, my sister, and my father all learned to shoot on. I think she is a natural.

went shoe shopping and then went to the Daughter Daddy dance with my 10 yr old daughter. It was put on to benefit the local PD. Then on sunday I taught her and her friend how to shoot the .22 that me, my sister, and my father all learned to shoot on. I think she is a natural.

Now that is what it's all about. It dosen't get more American than that!

Started swapping the 327 into the T-Bucket.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 19
We are tuning up our cars for the yearly trek to Daytona BEach for the Turkey Rod Run over Thanksgiving weekend. We put over 600 miles on the cars that weekend so we like to make sure everything is in working order.

We put new lower control arm bushings in my dad's 48 Pontiac and changed out a roasted spark plug wire. He's good to go.

I'm having some tuning issues as my car is jetted too fat. I won't have time to experiment before the run so I put a bandaid on it. I was also experiencing some erratic spark issues so I canged out my distributor for an MSD unit which doesn't look as good but seems to work better.

My car runs WAY better without air cleaners because of the rich jetting so I put these velocity stacks on it for the mean time. They won't filter any air but they'll keep the birds and lizards out.

They are cut down and reconfigured from these...................

I also made a temporary diffuser to keep the water out. I run a hood top (louvered) on this car so none of this stuff is really very visible when it's all together. Eventually I'll make another diffuser out of machine turned stainless but this will get me through the trip to Daytona.

Saturday. Finally got the chopper off the left and started the odds and ends to finish it.

Sunday. went to the last car show for the season. Start looking for a motor/trans combo for the Rambler.

Started a quickie rear spring reversal Sat am on the Model A.After 80 years the spring sags on the driver side. I figured i would flip it around so it would sag on the other side and sit level when i was in it. :) Had three events on the weekend i wanted to attend in it. Well that was a disaster. Only actually destroyed one almost new spring shackle tho. Raced to Slo-Cow before they closed at noon and paid $45 for a new pair of $20 shackles. Then after struggling for several hours i got on the net and learned the most dangerous repair you can do on a model a is try to spread the rear spring without a proper spring spreader. Hope it gets here before Sat.:rolleyes:

worked sat, tore apart the chopper sun and put the parts on Ebay. It has sat on the table for 2 years so I guess it is time to part ways. [;)

started gutting the interior and mocking up the new seats (third row seats out of a '90 Pontiac Trans Sport van). For some reason they came out a lighter blue in the pictures.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 20
Went to a small local swapmeet Sat. and picked up a like new Schroeder cowl steering sector for 50 bucks. Guy said he didn't have a clue what it was but it had been hanging in his dads shop for about 30 years.

The tear down begins for new paint and interior:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 23
I collected my first pieces for my Speedster project today. I pretty much forced my dad to go along for the 2hour and 20 minute drive, he needed it and mom wasnt home anyway.

I traded a chevy 283 and a couple milk crates of SBC parts straight up for a 1930 Model A banger engine and tranny. Then scored the banjo rear, torque tube, mechanical brakes w/connecting rods, rear spring, and bones for $100 + a 30pack of blue lite + and a 18pack of blue lite.

How bout that, a hotrodder who doesnt drink PBR?

Still wishing I could report car related stuff... still knee deep in a garage reno. I did however get the insulation up, so next on the list to hang the vapour barrier and sheet rock and after that shelving and storage, should be another couple months now that the Mrs is back to work from her Maternity Leave will really cut into the garage time I think. Just gotta keep telling myself eventually it'll be done and a car will be in there.

wired some of a custom PCM swap, birthday party for inlaws, did 8 hours of FTO training

Propane plumbing and battery mount. Finally getting all the loose ends tied so the she's ready to fire up.

Excuse the poor photography :D

dodge72.jpg

dodge71.jpg

Latest posts

Back