What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a 12hp 33" wide snow blower, painted kitchen cabinets, cleaned my chimney and lit the first fire, bought a rolling Craftsman tool box and chest for $50!! I put away my bonsai trees for the winter, and mowed all the leaves in my yard. I also sold some valve covers and bought some nicer valve covers and came out $50 ahead. So let me see....the Craftsman tool chest cost me.......NOTHING! And I bought my wife of 35 years an engagement ring. A really NICE engagement ring. When we got married 3 kids ago I gave her my grandmother's engagement ring. It's very nice, but after putting up with my crap for this long, she deserves it. So, all in all, a very productive, long 4 day weekend. ;)

Took the lid off my 39 ford truck

This is my first chop. So far so good.

Attachments

• 39-3.jpg
    39-3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 39-4.jpg
    39-4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 38
  • 39-5.jpg
    39-5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 39-8.jpg
    39-8.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 39-9.jpg
    39-9.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 39-6.jpg
    39-6.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
Instead of what I did this will be a what I plan to do...

Put up Christmas lights; done

Help daughter remove her gauges and then sand and paint dash in her VW

Go and purchase a carbide burr

finish out my lead work on the drip rail

take a nap, maybe two

I've been working on a fan shroud for a week or so for my truck. Got it on this weekend. Should work good. In hot weather, the temp would climb in traffic and in slow cruises. I took a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 22
Finally finished the mudding the drywall in the garage, now two coats of paint and I can start to hang stuff back on the walls again. Sunday the brother in law needed me to help him finish the rough framing his basement.

Went and looked at a 41 merc coupe Saturday morning as well. Got there and the batteries in my camera were dead so no pictures. Was decent looking body (needs some work) no engine or tranny, but the wheels are turning in my head would make a sweet looking gasser.

We spent the day Friday cleaning the shop..........it was really a mess. Now we can actually find stuff and are not tripping over tools and parts. :D

Don

We spent the day Friday cleaning the shop..........it was really a mess. Now we can actually find stuff and are not tripping over tools and parts. :D

Don

I know how that is! I need to do the same. I will clean the shop then I have tools in the floor and in the truck. Good times.

I always clean the shop right after I trip over a pile of stuff, fall down, and start swearing......:D

no work on the truck.Started getting sleds ready change coolling hose on sons sled and got it all greased up and ready ,got parts comming to rebild top end on my skidoo

not enough days in the week end here is what i got done so far. i need to finish up the intake and start on the drive,i checked prices on the belt and pulleys today they are high,i would be interested in some used pulleys if anybody has some for sale or trade

Attachments

• spcharger 001.jpg
    spcharger 001.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back