What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got all my parts finished for the blower,now i need to take it back apart clean them up and install gaskets,if all goes well i will fire it up this week end

Attachments

• 671.jpg
    671.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 51
  • 671blower.jpg
    671blower.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 46
Good work Don. Those liners are expensive huh? That's the only thing I've had to replace on my Miller also.

It wasn't actually that bad, Bill, only about $ 23.00. However, the rosebud tip I bought for my torches was a little shocker........$ 90.00. :eek: Even at that I got the wrong one and have to take it back tomorrow.:eek:

I have the rest of my frame clamped to the welding table and Dan is going to weld it up for me tomorrow.:D

Don

i got all my parts finished for the blower,now i need to take it back apart clean them up and install gaskets,if all goes well i will fire it up this week end

I thought about making my own intake manifold before too, although I was just going to mount dual carbs on it without the blower.

What material did you make it out of? Steel? and what gauge?

I'll be interested in hearing how much time it took and how it works.

I thought about making my own intake manifold before too, although I was just going to mount dual carbs on it without the blower.

What material did you make it out of? Steel? and what gauge?

I'll be interested in hearing how much time it took and how it works.[/QUOTE the cadilac motor was some what easy because the thermostat is in the block not the intake also it has a valley pan i used 1/2 x 3 in cold rolled flat bar cut the port holes and drilled it to bolt one on each head,i used 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 tube for intake ports 6 in long brought them together under the blower boxxed it in with 1/8 plate i can take the blower off there and cut a plate for two carbs ,the opening there is about 6 in x 15 in, i wished i used stainless so it could be polished . the material i used costed 28$ it took about 20hr thinking about it and about 10 hr building it. i dont have any pictures of the intake by its self but i have more pictures of the whole thing on flickr.com search "cckwratrod" click on militarycckw's photosteam it will link you with all my pictures

Let's see, this weekend I managed to unbolt the old babbit pounder and tranny for removal ( gonna install a '62 6 w/headers), unbolted the front clip so it can be set aside for ease of heart transplant,got the other engine ready for install. Sorry I wasn't very productive.

Attachments

• 517.jpg
    517.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 16
put 350 rounds on paper. Only dropped 6 rounds out of center even on the rapid fire drills. Taught 47 green recruits the finer points of marine drill movements and military bearing. finished cleaning out my work out room and hung out with the outlaws.

Nothing this weekend... out looking for a job and laying low.
I got my pickup running a couple weeks ago and did a changeover from gas to diesel. nothing against the 6.2 but i threw a rod when I lost oil pressure.. my fault. I'm damn near broke right now but I had a really nice 350 put away in the garage and most of the stuff to do it up right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

making up my exhaust from an old swingset

attachment.php

made a set of leak free muffler bearings

attachment.php

Thread on the swap http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17715

Warm weather we been havin' in SC means progress.
Got a deal on a 750 Eddy so I had to buy a Wieand intake to mount it on. Got all that installed and she fired right up....well not really. Freaking fuel pump went bad while it was setting since early Dec. Replaced it and then she fired right up. [cl
Put the hood back on and dry fitted the scoop. :cool:
Done with the engine bay for now. Got to get Sparco's mounted down, drive shaft fabbed, shifter, speedo cable, order gas tank.....etc etc. [;)

Attachments

• !cid_downsized_Image02262011102734.jpg
    !cid_downsized_Image02262011102734.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 21
  • !cid_downsized_Image02262011175804.jpg
    !cid_downsized_Image02262011175804.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 17
  • !cid_downsized_Image02272011170136.jpg
    !cid_downsized_Image02272011170136.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 18
front shock mounts

I built front shock mounts. This time they are removable. I am tired of welding everything solid to the frame.

Attachments

• shocks 002.jpg
    shocks 002.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 36
  • shocks 003.jpg
    shocks 003.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 35
Dan and I worked on Don's T bucket because Don was working. He had a Centech electric fan controller that burned up the last time he drove the car. So we replaced it with a Ron Francis controller that is designed to handle the draw of the SPAL fan. It works so much better and the fan runs faster too.

Then we dismantled and painted the front spring for Dan's RPU. The one he had in there was too light to handle the BB Olds engine weight and the car sat about 1.5 inches lower than he wanted. We are using a medium Posies spring that put it right where he needed it. We tried a Posies heavy duty spring, but the car sat another inch higher, so we pulled that back out. I inherited his old spring to use in my own rpu.......I love leftovers. [ddev

Also got his 39 Lincoln backing plates and steering arms installed for the final time. Monday I am going to take his Buick drums to the machine shop to have 1/4 inch taken off the backside to clear his backing plates. It looks like he actually might have it somewhat done to take to Billetproof in April. I'm going to make sure he makes it this time.:D

Don

I remover All the name plates, sanded where they were and sprayed some gray primer.Then I remover the factory pin stripes.Now im waiting for a nice warm sunny day to do some painting.Oh yea, I looked online at some moon hub caps for it.[P[;):cool:

Latest posts

Back