What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a difference a day makes...

Cbefore1Large.jpg

Cbefore2Large.jpg

Our daughter came down from NY on Friday and spent the weekend with us. While she was here we took the winter tires/wheels off her Hemi C and put on a set of 20" custom drilled Ace's (not a lot available off the shelf for the AWD's) and some fat Nittos.
wheels3Large.jpg

Looks quite a bit different this morning.......car and the weather....might have changed them prematurely :eek:
Cafter1Large.jpg

Cafter2Large.jpg

Just sent her on her way home......hope she beats this evenings snow that's forecasted for her area.

Built new motor mounts.

Installed transmission to motor

Fit up motor

Went to Home Depot for bolts

Adjusted mounts.

Installed motor

Cut fire wall so cab would fit

Put cab back on

sat back and looked for about 2 hours

Patted self on back

Cleaned up mess

Pushed truck into garage

Tired now

induction swap..

finally got the old rochester n cast iron intake outta the way and swapped on my new induction setup. :)

Attachments

• edelbrock2.jpg
    edelbrock2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 18
Ripped the body off the s10 truck so I can clean up the frame for use under my coupe. Then I welded up a whole buch of holes in the drivers door, man these ol coupes have lots of holes after you remove all that trim.

Attachments

• 47 chevy 027 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 027 (Small).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 47 chevy 025 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 025 (Small).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
Didn't get a whole lot done. Put my new 60 gal compressor together, and got it wired up. Then had some family time for the rest of the day saturday. Sunday hit up a swap meet, unfortunatly it was all small parts vendors and no cars... nice to get out for a couple hours though.

well i got my disc conversion put on so now i have matching 5 x 4.75 all the way around, and got most of the welding done on my vintage camper i am redoin,, and got the layout of the walls ready so i am goin to get started on the under the floor stuuf (plumbing) a GOOD friend , gave me a later model camp to gut for all the shower and plumbing and water tanks!, Now just need the wood and siding !! on my way!!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 28
Flat Bed

I built a flatbed frame for my 39 Ford truck. I guess I will put a wood floor in it.

Attachments

• pickup bed 003.jpg
    pickup bed 003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
  • pickup bed 006.jpg
    pickup bed 006.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 30
  • pickup bed 007.jpg
    pickup bed 007.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 30
Lets see, what did I get done this weekend...

Got a new cell phone with a camera to make it easy to take pic's of the project..... now can't find how to download them to the computer.....pulled the bed off the truck, c-notched the frame and have almost all of the axle flip done and welded... finished the relocation of the tailgate handle... and decided which lights I was going to use to replace the high mount stop lamp and ordered that from speedway motors, (1940 ford taillamp turned upside down to look like sgt's stripes)..... got my father in law out of hospital from his surgery.... fixed the downspout on the house to stop the flow of melting snow from filling my basement..... yada, yada, yada.... honey do.... yada, yada yada, honey do.... sorry about that..... again I ramble....:rolleyes:

it lives!

Got a touch of spring fever to go with the warmer temps. Moved the boxes and parked one of the cars out side so I could get to the hapster. I put in for the winter and was surprised that the battery was still up! i put some gas in the carb and it started right up! Planning a lot this summer now that I can look at it and drive it!

I fought a stuck water jacket plug for 2 daze so I could have an extra for my water temp & elec fan. I tried every trick in the book to get that sucker out & finally gave up... drilled & tapped it. Got most of the front end wired up. Next up are the tail lights, elec fuel pump & brake light switch but have been savin' the dash for last! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

got a few things done.....

finished the c-notches.... fabbed up new shock mounts, got drop shocks... actually got a gabriel shock book and found the right mounts, compressed an extended lenghts, bought them at autozone for 15 buck each....measured and reset my pinion angles, welded in the new cab corner, pulled the front end apart to start the lowering process there and finally got the donor roof..... ( my wife was out of town for the weekend)....NO Honey do's....[cl

yard work, painting my daily, built a fence at my parents
and ---
got the cooling system plumbed, fuel lines run, and pedals and steering in the rat in -- also got very sunburn.

Still hitting hard on Dans rpu, trying to get it running for Billetproof 4/9. Put in a long day Friday, got the rear shocks on, the steering drag link installed, finished up all the wiring including the speedo sensor and neutral safety switch.

Saturday Dan was playing out of town again so I had the day to myself. Went to a car show at the Classic Car Museum in Punta Gorda , Fl. About 700 cars showed up because it was their anniversary show. Met a lot of nice people and traded a lot of lies. :p I took my 27 and uncorked the headers to make a "grand entrance". :D

Today (Sunday) my Son Don, his GF, and I went to the Muscle Car Nationals in Bradenton, Fl. Had a super great time, saw a lot of neat cars, and got sunburn on top of my sunburn from Saturday, but it was worth it.

And tonight Dan and I went to the shop for a few hours and got his kickdown linkage done and also installed his transmission dipstick. We should have his brake lines by next weekend and also the repaired rear end center section........that is coming from Pennsylvania. Once we have it we should be able to install the driveshaft, do the brakes and bleed them, and MAYBE actually get the car to move under it's own power for the first time in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cl

Don

had to work sat. Sunday went to Ricky Bobbys Rod Shop and picked up a set of nice 30-31 sedan doors,spent 3 hours at his shop and house,he took me for a ride in a 30 model a coupe hes working on. had a blast cant wait to go visit again....

I cleaned up my Olds 455, finished the new timing set and started reinstalling the new gaskets and am slowly painting pulleys and the block itself. I pulled the '42 front clip and prepared the Olds 350 for removal. I work pretty slow anymore, but will keep plugging away at it.

Latest posts

Back