What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to swap meet Sat. 1st one (auto) in probably 14 years. Golly they want big $ for some stuf. worked on cleaning out the barn, 60 Pont, 67 Cheby truck, & 77 Vette. got the Vettte fired up, and on the local C.L. has not had license tabs since 1999, Wonder how many will realize, this is an old "barn stored" Corvette)now to push some of this other stuff out the door. Would list with RRR, but do not want to make it sound like a used car lot. Anybody have any thoughts?

Laid the wood in my flatbed.

Attachments

• pickup bed 2 003.jpg
    pickup bed 2 003.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19
the frame is a roller . not much else had to work

Attachments

• on all wheels 001.jpg
    on all wheels 001.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 27
The camper special

ok Guy you know how its is ! you go to a car show ! ITS HOT!! No shade! and you realy dont wont to walk to far! Well the ole REV has solved that problem for himself !:D After me and a buddy talked about camper ideas for my next trip this summer, he kinda started throwing out some ideas ! well you know how it goes! the gears stared rolllin! after i finished designing my pull behind! ( thread comin soon!) i had this idea come back to me for those days! OF the old car show blues! and also i needed something to keep the heat off me while i am doing the TAILGATE MINISTRY!, ( Me and My guitar) . so heres what i got done this weekend! (AND TODAY), OK THE 1929 CAMPER SPECIAL! , THIS IS A CAMPER AND TENT AWNING , MAY NEED A PLACE TO SLEEP IDEA,, AND IT ALL FOLDS UP OR SETS UP IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES! ALSO SINCE MY GAS TANK IS IN THE BED, i didnt want to climb in thebed every time to put gas in so i added a door on the side, i aslo wanted to keep the look of what it might have looked like if it had been done By a ramblin man !!:rolleyes: so here its is! Oh all designs are strickly copyryted by hillbilies design group[cl AND sorry thepics are sideways, dont know why it done that! some it did some it dont!:mad: I have edited this cause i forgot to mention that the top of the camper , came with the truck when i got it! and i didnt buy anything 1 have it all here,left oversfrom other projects!

Attachments

• 03-21-11_1758.jpg
    03-21-11_1758.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 03-21-11_1759.jpg
    03-21-11_1759.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 03-21-11_1800.jpg
    03-21-11_1800.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 23
  • 03-21-11_1801.jpg
    03-21-11_1801.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 03-21-11_1802.jpg
    03-21-11_1802.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 03-21-11_1809.jpg
    03-21-11_1809.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 03-21-11_1810.jpg
    03-21-11_1810.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 03-21-11_1811.jpg
    03-21-11_1811.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 03-21-11_1813.jpg
    03-21-11_1813.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 03-21-11_1814.jpg
    03-21-11_1814.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Cut and installed Granite counter tops in the kitchen. Talk about heavy and a lot of dust when cutting them. I kept the blade wet and I was surprised how good it cut them. Next is the glass tile back splash. I will be glad when its finished. I am learning as I go.
Tim

Cut and installed Granite counter tops in the kitchen. Talk about heavy and a lot of dust when cutting them. I kept the blade wet and I was surprised how good it cut them. Next is the glass tile back splash. I will be glad when its finished. I am learning as I go.
Tim

wish ya the best on that Timbo! did that stuff for a living when i was younger!, it will make a old man out of you fast! doin it everyday! back still givesme fits~!

AAAhhhhhgggg, do not say tile, man.....my wife's wanting to redo some more floors. On a better note built a boom for the front of the tractor and did alot of riding in the 41 after installing new rear shocks, I still think I'm gonna put a sway bar on back.....the horrible roads around here it still has just a little body roll. Later Whit

Spent time with the wife and kids. We all went to a farm auction, ended up buying some china(you know, the fancy plates and such that are used to take up space in the cabinets that should be housing such things as beer mugs). But anyways, she was happy so I was happy. Trip was worth it when on the way home i found two model a pickups, an f100 and an ih s110 all in good shape sitting around an old barn. I left a note for the owner, hopefully he calls.

Not a whole heck of a lot....

Did get a sunburn....no...really... playing with the grandaughter in the back yard and it was a record 81 degrees and sunny in Detroit.... ....it's back to the same old crap now.... low 40's tonight.... anyway...
did get a cab corner patched in before I had to take my Father in law back to the ER...... he's ok.... the cab corner came out great.... needs very little filler... must be getting better with the welder...[cl

Attachments

• cab corner.jpg
    cab corner.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 14
I think your a little too much a perfectionist on the wiring, bob. Looks Ok as is. I do like the valve mod, tho. :D
As for me, it's been the same thing as most weekends for the past few months. Working to sell house here in KY to move to AL in July.

look's good to me, I think one of the red wire on the left of the pic goes to the speaker for the front of the motor, that way it'll sound good when you start it up, oh, and the heads are on upside down, still.

Wow! Inverted, electronic desmo valves! you knocked this one out of the park Bob![cl

Spent the weekend with a few hundred of our good friends at Billetproof in Gainesville, Fl. Weather was beautiful, people were the best around, and got to see a lot of very cool cars. Can't wait for the Billetproof Drags in October.

Don

Got pulled out of the car in a full on felony car stop arrest 14 times in one day![S[S

2 1/2 weeks of academy left then I am certified.[cl

Got the head lights wired up, did a bunch of honey-doooo's & had to go see a play with Mrs Tripper. Why me Lord... why me!?!?

BoB

Latest posts

Back