1926 Dodge Brothers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments. :D

I’ve been bad about updating; we completely disassembled the car and got the Hemi on the engine stand. (All the internals look very good [cl) We also finished welding the frame and got a coat of primer on it along with the suspension parts. Hope to have some paint sprayed over the long weekend so we can begin reassembly.

Haven’t been good about getting pictures lately, here’s a couple I did get.

Attachments

• IMG_9401s.jpg
    IMG_9401s.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9402s.jpg
    IMG_9402s.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9400s.jpg
    IMG_9400s.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 84
Holy mackerel SugarRay, Son what a shop. That's been my dream shop forever well at least a 50x80 :eek::eek:[dr[dr[dr[dr:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Jim

Holy mackerel SugarRay, Son what a shop. That's been my dream shop forever well at least a 50x80 :eek::eek:[dr[dr[dr[dr:p:p:rolleyes:
Jim
I wish that was mine! That's our build shop at work, I use it on nites and weekends.

Sorry got carried away with shop.
That frame is awesome.
Did you decide on how you're doin the grill?

Thanks on the frame
We're going to cut the grill like you suggested. We moved everything down and it looks much better, still haven't actually cut on the grill yet, we'll get back to that when we start re-assembly.

Well, on the July 4th weekend in 2010, I welded up the frame for this project. On July 4th weekend 2011 we finally finished that frame! [cl

Got the paint on it along with all the suspension pieces, now we can start re-assembly!

Thanks to whoever it was that posted using the balloons for masking off the holes! That works great. :D

Attachments

• IMG_9424s.jpg
    IMG_9424s.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9443s.jpg
    IMG_9443s.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9439s.jpg
    IMG_9439s.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9436s.jpg
    IMG_9436s.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9417s.jpg
    IMG_9417s.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9415s.jpg
    IMG_9415s.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9411s.jpg
    IMG_9411s.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9407s.jpg
    IMG_9407s.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9406s.jpg
    IMG_9406s.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9405s.jpg
    IMG_9405s.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 89
Have had a lot going on, just not on the car! :mad:

We did get some header flanges cut on the CNC, they fit great! :D

I’m really happy with them and they cost me nothing. I won’t make the actual headers until we get the body and steering assembly back on.

Also got the engine buttoned back up and put on the frame, still hasn’t been fired, but hope to do so soon.

Just some baby steps, but it’s getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_9483s.jpg
    IMG_9483s.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9484s.jpg
    IMG_9484s.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9485s.jpg
    IMG_9485s.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9487s.jpg
    IMG_9487s.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9488s.jpg
    IMG_9488s.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 65
I love the shot from behind on the Hemi, man don't they look menacing? :eek: :cool:

Yes it does, I really like how it’s as wide as our cowl. :D

I’m dying to start it up, but this week is full and the weekend doesn’t look any better. All we have left is a couple ground wires and the fuel line, sooooo close!

fANFREAKINTASTIC [dr [dr [dr[cl [cl [cl I love the way stuff was fallin off the wall in the video he he heeeeeeeeeee!!!:D:D

Jim

fANFREAKINTASTIC [dr [dr [dr[cl [cl [cl I love the way stuff was fallin off the wall in the video he he heeeeeeeeeee!!!:D:D

Jim

I didn’t even realize that until I watched the video.:D

I’m really happy with how it sounded; hope to get it tuned in soon, then again we may just start getting the body back on.

Trying to get it to a show in KC in September, just 5 weeks left. :eek:

We took the valve covers off and it looked like the oil wasn’t getting through all the rocker assembly like it should. So we took the rocker assemblies off and soaked them in diesel fuel for two days, blew them out with compressed air and everything looked like it was flowing properly. We reassembled everything and cleaned, “dressed” the plug tubes and reseated them. We also checked the timing, made sure it was where we needed it. The engine fired right up and idled great, also it has no air or smoke coming out of the plug tubes now.

We’re ready to reassemble the car now! :D

Latest posts

Back