36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie and Old Iron, Your every wish is my command, sirs. I went to Dawson Creek to the Mile Zero Cruisers show and enjoyed everything. There were almost 100 Mustangs to celebrate the fiftyith anniversary of their birth. All tolled there were over 420 cars of every make and age. The first picture is of me backing into my Friday night parking spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 28
Here are some more.

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 25
Yes, Snopro, you might. The creamy silver '40 GMC is Harold Wheelers; last few years, he was sporting a '31 Chevy coupe kinda brown. The Model A roadster pickup, the Model A roadster car and the red '35 coupe are all young guys from the Dawson Creek area who are very good builders.

Today I went to town and got all my tires balanced, but have not test driven them at high speed yet.

Yes, Snopro, you might. The creamy silver '40 GMC is Harold Wheelers; last few years, he was sporting a '31 Chevy coupe kinda brown. The Model A roadster pickup, the Model A roadster car and the red '35 coupe are all young guys from the Dawson Creek area who are very good builders.

Today I went to town and got all my tires balanced, but have not test driven them at high speed yet.

Actually I was referring to the Black Dodge 5W coupe and the yellow 35-36 ford pickup, I've seen both before.

I've never seen that silver GMC before. Not exactly my style but I still enjoy seeing someone else's vision of the same truck I own.

Torchie, you said fun times and you're mostly right, but there was one bssst thing. Snopro said cool show well he was wrong too. On Sunday on the streets of Dawson Creek it was 37 C which is the same as 100 degrees F. Otherwise, the week-end went very well.
Snopro, I think I've seen the yellow '35 Ford before too, but it was the '40 flat black Plymouth coupe that really caught my eye. I don't know who he is or where he's from. Oh ya, all of the fenders were molded into the body and the body work was excellent. I liked the car so much that I went and picked up a '46 Dodge coupe today and a '51 Chev for a neighbour.
Here we are unloading the Dodge.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 34
Haha, ya, but I have to get the bucket pretty close to the roof and tie the strap tight because that tractor can't lift much higher. The car still has its motor and transmission too so it's kinda heavy.

Torchie, you said fun times and you're mostly right, but there was one bssst thing. Snopro said cool show well he was wrong too. On Sunday on the streets of Dawson Creek it was 37 C which is the same as 100 degrees F. Otherwise, the week-end went very well.
Snopro, I think I've seen the yellow '35 Ford before too, but it was the '40 flat black Plymouth coupe that really caught my eye. I don't know who he is or where he's from. Oh ya, all of the fenders were molded into the body and the body work was excellent. I liked the car so much that I went and picked up a '46 Dodge coupe today and a '51 Chev for a neighbour.
Here we are unloading the Dodge.

I think that '40 used to be from Edmonton (maybe it still is). I used to see it around all the time! It's a nice car for sure.

That '46 looks good. You've almost got enough projects by now, hey? ;)

Oh, I'm way past that, Snopro. Even I know when the addiction has beat me.
There are 12 project cars ahead of me and most of them have a parts car besides. That's not counting 7 tractors to do, too. :eek::eek:

Back to the present; the '36 has been giving me weird troubles, sometimes, but no weirder than this week when my ignition switch seized up, with no warning. I bought two new switches, one for my '96 pick-up and one for an '87 Ranger. The '96 was getting hard to turn, so it was for practice and it went well. The Ranger one did not. The big thing is you have to turn the switch to the 'run' position and then push a little button up and the barrel of tumblers pulls right out. If the key is seized into the off and remove position the little push button does not go up out of the way, even with heavy persuasion [hammering on the punch]. It can be bored out with a 3/16 drill, though. This is when you learn that there are two reasons to put the key into the 'run' position before attempting to change switches. :mad:...... The electrical switch is turned by a screwdriver head on the end of the tumbler barrel, and that screwdriver head has to go through a slotted plate before it can fit into the electrical switch. The slot in the plate is lined up for the 'run' position only, so I couldn't pull the unit out until I lined the screwdriver head with the slot and I couldn't turn the key, even with Visegrips. About this time my English was getting more colourful, but my initial cautious pullings and pryings were getting more aggressive too, so I eventually, broke the barrel into pieces and pulled the pieces out with a pair of needle-nose Visegrips. That only left the screwdriver head still stuck in the electrical switch behind the slotted plate lined up at 'run'. The needlenose Visegrips could snap on to the little screwdriver shaft and now turn it to the 'run' position, voila, it pulled out easily and the new one went in like a lawyer through a loophole.
I ended up making it to A&W for a lateish supper anyhow.

Gross, Old Iron, You've put me off of my feed, [family car at A&W]:eek:
Any how I have now loaded up the '36 and an old Cockshutt tractor to take to the neighbouring town to help out with their Pioneer Days at the museum.

Here's an update; really a lesson I learned, the hard way.
I had been having a little trouble starting the '36 after each washing. Then on this Museum showing we had two showers; one before I got to the show and one during the show but before a parade. I could not start the truck to get it off the trailer when I got to the Museum and there was quite an audience around me. I finally got it going and spotted it in the show. Later in the day, after another shower, we were to go into a parade and again I couldn't get it going. I had hot wired it in different spots and set and reset the points while cursing to the audience. Open engine vehicles look cool but don't always act cool. Anyway, it suddenly occurred to me that water might be getting into the gas rather than into the electrical system. Sure enough, the wing nut on the air cleaner was not quite tight enough to keep the water that gathered in the centre indent, from dripping down the shaft of the hold down bolt and running into the two barrel teapot carburetor. Water in the carb bowl sinks to the bottom and goes into the system first. No matter what they tell you in the poolhall, water does not burn or fire up on old engine.
So, make sure your wing nut is tight and the gasket beneath it is in good shape.

I was at another show yesterday. First, there was a parade and I had both my '55 Merc and the '36 Ford in it. Afterwards, there was a demolition derby and a car show so I had to be careful which one I was entered in. My wife had driven the '55 in the parade and didn't want to sit around all day at a car show so she took the Merc home. I stayed and got some hardware for my troubles.
There was a '48 Ford three quarter ton, four wheel drive rat there that was interesting. It had a 5.9 Cummins and a five speed standard in it. Rough looking but well built.

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back