Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough to lose a friend over "politics" also if you know what I mean!!!

As per your brother, your family, suck it up and make things right, you and him will be a better for it.

(Skip) has a better way with words, I'm more from the old school of hard knocks, but were both going in the same direction.

Last edited:
That`s sad Bob.
This obviously doesn`t sound like the man you`ve been friends with for 75 yrs... There may be a physical cause for his behaviour.

Emotions are a strange and dangerous thing.
At any one time a person is apt to say or do things that they wouldn't even think of before.
Let it ride for a bit.

Regret hearing this bob.
My brother and I have never seen eye to on anything(He broke my nose the first time.:eek:) except cars. So that's what we limit our occasional talk to.
You can't erase 75 years in a single conversation, even though it may feel like it right now. I married into a family that thinks that way and have spent 35 years fighting it.
Let things cool and see where it goes from there.
Torchie

My family have always been conservatives, but not single party. My wife's family have been mixed, but in recent years, have moved into the conservative camp. Over the years, there have been some heated conversations, but as time went by, we all have mellowed and agree more than we disagree. I think all families have disagreements from time to time, sometimes it's hard to get anybody to compromise.

As to the 406, you might want to put a can of KD Block Seal in it. Follow the directions on the can, and it should seal any cracks in the cooling system. Seen it seal a Cummins with a cracked head, guy ran it 5 more years before he ever changed the head and it never lost coolant during that time.

Thanks Bamamav, I'll try that product.

Closing out the discussion on my brotherly conflict, he hasn't seen fit to call and apologize. That tells me where he stands. Since he started it and I never said one thing against him or what he believes, he owns it.

Thanks Bamamav, I'll try that product.

Closing out the discussion on my brotherly conflict, he hasn't seen fit to call and apologize. That tells me where he stands. Since he started it and I never said one thing against him or what he believes, he owns it.
Don't let it own you, my friend.

It's time!!!! To stuff the 406 Small Block in between the Bantam frame rails. The title of this build thread will now be Small Block Bantam It lacks the alliteration of the previous title, but what the hay, it's accurate. I'll put the heads and other stuff on it after it is in place. Use the car for an engine stand.

Attachments

• time 001.jpg
    time 001.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 27
  • time 002.jpg
    time 002.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 29
Baby Block Bantam

Thanks for the title suggestion, Bill.

The engine is in the hole. Slowly putting all the parts on it. The headers are out for sandblasting. The Holley carb hit the floor and broke one corner off the base. Hoping the JB Weld repair shown will work. I "V" grooved the top and bottom and filled the groove. We'll see.

Attachments

• engine 002.jpg
    engine 002.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 22
  • engine 003.jpg
    engine 003.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 20
  • engine 004.jpg
    engine 004.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Latest posts