Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's good to know but I'm not going to pay to watch that dumb Channel. I'll see what I can find thanks for the info

I like the bracing idea oh, I think I would add an x-brace to it . Not so sure about the hockey puck thing

I don't like the hockey puck idea either, I thought the most informative part of the episode was when they show you how much flex there is.

yeah, definitely more than expected. I have seen a lot of these swaps done and no one has sad a word about this

The F100 frames were built to handle bed load. You put a big motor in a stock frame and raise the front at the strip, it'll flex - a lot. I used to have a pic of one local. They then boxed the frame - that helped, but I think they still had some issues. Farmers didn't even like the unibody style because the body cracked under regular farm use.

The hockey pucks are an old Ford guy trick to use as cab/frame isolators. Got used a lot before the mount rubbers were reproduced.

The F100 frames were built to handle bed load. You put a big motor in a stock frame and raise the front at the strip, it'll flex - a lot. I used to have a pic of one local. They then boxed the frame - that helped, but I think they still had some issues. Farmers didn't even like the unibody style because the body cracked under regular farm use.

The hockey pucks are an old Ford guy trick to use as cab/frame isolators. Got used a lot before the mount rubbers were reproduced.

that 65 I did was horrible until I boxed it. I have seen hockey pucks used for body mounts. I just think there are better ways to stiffen the frame besides bolting the cab to the box. we will see

Attachments

• 00n0n_9NOgcTIeV50_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00n0n_9NOgcTIeV50_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 45
  • 00Q0Q_23WXqVvyREF_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00Q0Q_23WXqVvyREF_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 44
when you go to the add the second pic is a henry j, couple studes and a old charger.i could have a field day in that yard.

Well my Craigslist score is finally made it home

Attachments

• 0910201935_HDR.jpg
    0910201935_HDR.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back