just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wrong place, wrong time.

Attachments

• BADDAY.jpg
    BADDAY.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 211
  • LUNCH.jpg
    LUNCH.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 220
------------------

Attachments

• sharonov_tumblr_com photo by simon wright.jpg
    sharonov_tumblr_com photo by simon wright.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 125
  • !BwiklDQ!2k~$(KGrHqV,!iMEv1+0CvSYBMJcwGbm3Q~~_3.jpg
    !BwiklDQ!2k~$(KGrHqV,!iMEv1+0CvSYBMJcwGbm3Q~~_3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 147
I had one of those riding tractors when I was a kid!:eek:

Saw this pic on another site, don't know whether to laugh or cry![S...CR:D

Attachments

• olds.jpg
    olds.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 228
ShowLetter2.jpg

ShowLetter3.jpg

ShowLetter4.jpg

I took these from the back of the B-25 over the swiss alps. that's me on the ground 2nd from left.. One of the funnest things I've ever done. we removed the rear guns and glass so we go take photos.

Siai Marchetti Sf 260, light attack a/c. Used to carry 2, 30 cal machine gun pods, or, two 200# dumb bombs, or 2 inch rockets..wish they were still there, I have a neighbor, who.......well I digress....Fully aero 6+, 3-, top speed 230 kts. Cruises at about 190mph.

Siai Marchetti Sf 260, light attack a/c. Used to carry 2, 30 cal machine gun pods, or, two 200# dumb bombs, or 2 inch rockets..wish they were still there, I have a neighbor, who.......well I digress....Fully aero 6+, 3-, top speed 230 kts. Cruises at about 190mph.

Awesome photos

I'll tell you that B-25 trip was really special. I used to own a rare old plane and decided to sell it. This guy in Sion Switzerland wanted to buy it. So I went to Zurich to see my friend and he and I went to sion to see this guy. So when we got there he said we were going to an airshow. Cool right. I figured it was close by somewhere. Instead we hop in his bomber, and fly to france.. My buddy and I were the waist gunners! Along the way that one fighter shows up, so we take pictures. A few minutes later we are joined up by 2 german f-16's and 2 french f2000 mirages. and we all flew down to france in formation. I'll tell you It was amazing. I had the feelling of being in WWII as a crew. cool, but scary what those boys must have gone through. God bless em..Airshows in Europe are gov subsidized and are free to the public. there were tens of thousands of people there... amazing..

ShowLetter.jpg

DSCF5903.jpg

thanks for the pics and the stories doc!

i don't know too many "car guys" that don't appreciate those planes & the boys who flew 'em "back in th' day"...

sounds like you have a pretty cool little areo-plane there too...;)

Latest posts

Back