1967 Dodge dart post followed me home!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
she's rough but it was free & when THAT is finished and sold we are gonna be making a drag race car outta this. by selling THAT it gives me the funds to fix some things needing attention and the needed $$$$ to get this one done.

since there are several things keeping me from circle track racing, mostly the cost of every thing these days the tracks require to be safe in their opinion, adds up to almost 3 grand l figured out. for the driver's suit and all the nomex undies, socks, booties, gloves, headsock is crazy money, then a new helmet, hans device, 5 way harness and fire system. the cost of the safety equipment cost more than the dwarf car l was planning on racing.

local 1/8 mile drag strip is a way for me to race and not cost a fortune, it's a run what ya brung kinda place as long as it is built safe. all l need for their is a good helmet, fire extinguisher, 4 way harness, roll bars, good race seat and few more odds & ends, all of which l already have sittin' around here.

l have the small block chevy motors in the storage shed, a good auto trans and the chevelle rear-end with ladder bars.

any one know of cost effective disc brake swap for the mopar A body?

and a set of tail lights.

the pics look like snow, just foggy tonite.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 32
DUDE... that is sweeeet and the price was definitely right!!! We're definitely gonna need a build thread!
[P[P[P

BoB

plans

0h for sure THIS will get a build thread[ [P[P[P

gonna ditch the stamped factory uni-body front end under her & tie up the uni-body from the firewall to the rear bumper with frame connectors & a roll cage to stiffen everything and then put a GM 197Oish F body sub-frame in to replace what we removed, this gives me the discs, motor mounts and lot of other little things to get the SBC to work in the mopar A body.

for me and the helpers l have, the sub-frame option is easier for us. we done it several times so no surprises here[;)

body is sound on the outside, floor pans are toast, so no regrets cuttin' up the car a to make drag car.

how's screemin' lime green body color/ red pinstripes and the dart trunk/quarter panel stripe in black sound:D

Later:cool:

Attachments

• lime green dart.jpg
    lime green dart.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 28
  • lime green dart.jpg1.jpg
    lime green dart.jpg1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back