Red Deer May Swap Meet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and No, Snopro.
I went and got some old Hemi spark plug tubes for a 354, at quite a reasonable price. Small potatoes compared to the price I paid for some near perfect Model A front fenders, really near perfect. It turns out that at swap-meets I'm not very Scottish.
Did you get that fender that was outside, in with mostly Model T stuff?

Yes and No, Snopro.
I went and got some old Hemi spark plug tubes for a 354, at quite a reasonable price. Small potatoes compared to the price I paid for some near perfect Model A front fenders, really near perfect. It turns out that at swap-meets I'm not very Scottish.
Did you get that fender that was outside, in with mostly Model T stuff?

Yep, that's where the fender I got was. It had 2 cracks but was straight with only one dent that needs banged out.

Where were the ones you got? Too bad you got there before me I guess :p

I had bought a handful of little things from that vender that had your fender but I didn't pay attention to that Model A piece in a lot of Model T stuff , until it was too late.
My set of fenders were leaning up against the north wall in the middle building, between the big doors going into the north building. I'm sure lots of people walked slowly by looking at the stuff on the tables and missed the neat things in the background.

Some of you guys up there school me please. $60 for a front fender...is that high low or medium price for ya'll? I see stuff in other areas that is always cheaper than here. Everybody thinks the parts they have here are made of gold. Once in a while I see some cheap stuff but not often. Usually the deals are done before you can get there. There is a current listing on CL for rear fenders for 28/29 for 100 apiece which is good for here...I'm sure fronts would be more ...

Some of you guys up there school me please. $60 for a front fender...is that high low or medium price for ya'll? I see stuff in other areas that is always cheaper than here. Everybody thinks the parts they have here are made of gold. Once in a while I see some cheap stuff but not often. Usually the deals are done before you can get there. There is a current listing on CL for rear fenders for 28/29 for 100 apiece which is good for here...I'm sure fronts would be more ...

It's really hard to gauge what a reasonable price here is for Model A stuff. Some guys feel their junk is worth gold and others can be much more reasonable. This one I waited until late in the day when the guy was more likely to deal and saved $15. I looked at it like this: Would the extra repairs I need to do on my current fender be worth the $60 I would be saving if I didn't buy this one? In this case the fender will save a lot of time in bodywork and repairs so I felt it was a good buy for my project. I don't think $60 is out of line, but there's a massive variety in price for Model A stuff.

Even at this swap meet there was a lot of variety in the limited amount of model A stuff that was there. A guy had a rad shell with radiator for a 28-29, both in very poor shape, and wanted $100.

There was tons of Model T stuff at the swap meet though, if you were restoring a T you would have been in heaven.

I had bought a handful of little things from that vender that had your fender but I didn't pay attention to that Model A piece in a lot of Model T stuff , until it was too late.
My set of fenders were leaning up against the north wall in the middle building, between the big doors going into the north building. I'm sure lots of people walked slowly by looking at the stuff on the tables and missed the neat things in the background.

Ah I saw that guy had a bunch of A stuff, looked at it but you must have already made it past there.

I need rear fenders and have seen so many sets of Tudor rear fenders, but none for a 28-29 Roadster/Coupe/Pickup. I think I'll be buying new.

I bought a T radiator and shell for $40 Sunday at a little swap meet. Can scrap the unrepairable radiator for $20 so the shell was only $20. I bought a new sprint car pitman arm for $3. Why???, I don't know. And a $1 terminal strip.

Lot less buyers around here. They stroll down the middle of the aisles visiting and hardly look at the goods. Maybe buy a Chinese flap disc or a bathroom plunger.

The fenders that I found were really nice, in fact I have not found anything wrong with them that will need fixing. But, I don't dicker well so I paid his price and he probably had the fenders overpriced just so he could come down a wee bit. I paid too much but I won't have to do much sanding and they'll be ready to paint.
Snopro, I am also looking for rear fenders and running boards for a '29, so watch out.

The fenders that I found were really nice, in fact I have not found anything wrong with them that will need fixing. But, I don't dicker well so I paid his price and he probably had the fenders overpriced just so he could come down a wee bit. I paid too much but I won't have to do much sanding and they'll be ready to paint.
Snopro, I am also looking for rear fenders and running boards for a '29, so watch out.

I've basically resigned myself to the fact that I'll be buying new steel rear fenders and some other sheetmetal pieces. For what people typically want for originals, it's not worth my time for what I want the finished product to be.

Latest posts

Back