1941 Ford needs frame...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2T

Still running with scissors!
the smallest town in the smallest county in the s
OK guys.............I asked this question on the "other" sites and got no replies. A friend just aquired a '41 Coupe. The frame is junk and he would like to replace it with a more modern frame............what have you used or seen used under '41/'48 Ford cars??
I know this isn't a Rat, but I'm trying to help him out........Thanks.

?

OK guys.............I asked this question on the "other" sites and got no replies. A friend just aquired a '41 Coupe. The frame is junk and he would like to replace it with a more modern frame............what have you used or seen used under '41/'48 Ford cars??

T2T,
What do u mean the frame is junk? What's the matter with it?

BoB

Someone did a very poor job of installing a Camaro clip, removed all cross members and tubbed the rear using angle iron.! It will be much easier to replace the frame...........Believe me I don't throw anything away, but this frame will be junked!

Wow!!!

Someone did a very poor job of installing a Camaro clip, removed all cross members and tubbed the rear using angle iron.! It will be much easier to replace the frame...........Believe me I don't throw anything away, but this frame will be junked!

T2T,
WOW... I always find it hard to believe the things some people do! Have u ck'd to see if u can find another frame on Craig's list? Maybe 1 of the guys can recommend a range of frames that might work. There's always Speedway!

BoB

i would say measure the frame you have or the car depending on how bad your frame is like you say. then hit the junkyard with a tape measure and see what has a simliar frame size. s-10's are real popular but they have a kick-up after the front cab area which will eat up rear leg room. otherwise any 80's gm with the correct size frame should be an available and cheap donor. sorry can't get you anything more specific. i think lakota used an s-10 frame on his truck, not sure though, hopefully he will chime in.

I bought a 41 Tudor and it had a mid 70's Olds cutlass frame under it... the front track was too wide, but other than that it was OK...
I have the rear part of the framerails and crossmember out of a '46 frame (same from 41-48), leaning against my shed if someone wants to drive to FL to come get it.
I'd look into a longbed S10, and use a wider rear end, something out of a Nova or gen 1 Camaro or Maverick/Grananda

Ok, I'm a little late but I'm chiming in. Go to my website, the information and photos are all there. If you need more details, let me know. Yeah, the rear has a 7" kick-up, but yours is a coupe and the kick-up will be in the trunk not under the back seat like a sedan. For a wider rearend use an S-10 4X4 rearend, it's 4" wider and bolt up just like the original.

Last edited:
41 Frame

I have a unmolested 41 tudor complete roller thet I would sell less engine,tranny and front end. It could be shortened no problem.

Latest posts

Back